Reviews for Never Forget the Importance of Style
TheGhostChild chapter 3 . 12/23/2014
That hurt.. that was so painfully sad. I couldn't imagine what I'd do.
Alex chapter 16 . 6/23/2011
Amazing story! Funny, interesting, and very well written!

I think it's absolutely amazing how you bring everything to life, especially since it's set in a different time.

Thanks for this!
Jules chapter 4 . 11/28/2009
I love this! Five stars! :D
thecakethief chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
I really like the main character!
me chapter 16 . 4/19/2009
oh i loved this. this is beautifully rich and dryly amusing. im very surprised that so few people seem to have reviewed. im sorry that i cant give you a well rounded critique. when i get drawn into a story so much im just too busy feeling satisfied. thank you :)
kepteinen chapter 16 . 1/15/2009
Your stories are so.. thought-through. It's a refreshing break from the usual stories here.

I heart Leone.
True.Randomness chapter 16 . 12/12/2007
I really like this story. It was very well written, though at the beginning it had some minor errors. One of them being the change of setting being too fast and at times I would find myself lost for a while, however as the story went along it stopped completely. The plot of the story was sweet and the setting was marvelous. The story was slow and well pace giving a feel of reality to the characters and their development. This story was terrific!
Naomi Schemer chapter 16 . 8/9/2007
This story tickled me in ways that no other story has in the past year or so. The name explains everything about this story so spot on. It reminded me a bit of Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest with all the silly upperclass folk and such. I liked Ravens, Owls, and a Nightingale quite a lot but this story is superior, whether because the main characters were given more spotlight or just because of the general mood this story has had, I am not quite sure. I liked it a lot, though.
NeverSayDie chapter 16 . 1/22/2005
An absolutely stunning piece of work. I think I fell in love with Leone about 10 times during this story. The descriptions are delightful, you've mastered the upper crust setting completely, and your characterization is impeccable. I haven't seen such a good story like yours on this site for a long time. My only problem is that the slang sometimes used doesn't seem to fit with the time period. But, it's such a minor thing that it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the story at all. Good job. )
Katrina G. Cortious chapter 5 . 12/20/2004
Yes. It's definately different from the version I read before. I wasn't even sure if it's the same story until the fifth chapter. I like it better this way, more in depth with the character's past and all.
Goldensong chapter 16 . 11/6/2004
*giggle* Oh I love these two! They are just so funny and so cute together at the same time! Yay for another story!
Saraswathi R chapter 1 . 10/24/2004
Hi!
I just stumbled upon this story by chance, and I really like the way it is going so far.
The air of mystery around the boy is very nice, and I like the way you used the concept of scent to indirectly describe the boy's aversion to his lover's wife. He seems to be a bit of a Gary-Stu, but that's hard to tell so early in the story. At any rate, it's a very good beginning. It definitely entices the reader.
I can't wait to see what happens next. I'll perhaps review every few chapters or so, if you don't mind. ;)
Cheers!
Hydrangea
tmelange1 chapter 15 . 10/2/2004
Excellent story. Kudos.
Val Mora chapter 1 . 5/17/2004
This is very good, and the description is vivid. Your wording is excellent and you're a very talented writer.
Your only real problem is that your paragraphs are so pronoun-heavy (and your character lacks a name) that it becomes confusing to the reader, who's not sure whom you're talking about (example, the paragraph in which it discusses why the boy is in the man's house - for a while, I wasn't certain if the main character was the boy being discussed, or if it was some other youth).
Also, and I realize that everyone has different tastes concerning what they read, I found that after a while, the description-laden sentences became tedious. I am more curious about the main character's thoughts than his surroundings, inasmuch as he does not think of his surroundings. Perhaps you think differently, as that is only my opinion, in which case feel free to neglect it.
Otherwise, an intruiging and interesting beginning.
Eeyaatoe chapter 13 . 5/9/2004
Oh wow! It's back! I was hoping you would update this, it's one of my favorite fics written by you.
Are Leone and Merdos going to meet your characters from 'Into the Light' or are they going to stay in Dirna for a while and go back to Uman? I guess I'll have to wait to find out. I'll be waiting for your next update!