Reviews for I Can See
thornwitch chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
This is a real eye-opener (as most of your poems are), nobody, especially the young, seem to care what these wise people have been through. All they see is a grumpy old guy moaning about the 'kids these days'... but they're really keys to the past... and they tell great stories. You see? I could have ranted for ages there about the legends of the old... this is what your poetry does to me! :p
firexkitsune chapter 1 . 6/13/2003
sob* i almost cried when reading this...you captured the moment of realization exactly with your good vocabulary and beatiful phrases. one of my favorites...
saiya-jinmira chapter 1 . 5/23/2003
You have a great understanding of life and a way with words ...and if you ever wan to email me its on my profile...
Jubei-chan1 chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
So wonderful. A great trip! Almost like a film. The shot travels from the sky above and never cuts till it hits the grave. And from this single continuous shot, readers get the entire story. I'm a film student and thats just where my mind is. I don't know if this would be a suggestion or simply an observation, but I think that more description of the man would clarify if the assumptions were true. While the speaker is probably content with his/her story, as a reader, I was wondering what cues gave him/her that impression. On the whole, I loved this very much. Reminds me an elderly chap that I have known. Very charming and frustrated man. This was very enjoyable!
S. R. Devaste chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
A wonderfull peice...I like how you use scottish termenology. Please read some of my stuff.