Reviews for Define Normality
Cepaea chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
I read this years ago and it's just as beautiful now as it was then. I just wanted to drop by and say I really enjoy your work! I hope everything's going okay with you!
Ralindir chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
That was truly beautiful. I'm damned if I can properly understand what you're message is, but I'm pleased with the fact that I can at least recognise how damn beautiful it is.

Ral
Kakiryu chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
Wow...That's an intresting way of persepting things. I like how you compare all these people to historic figures based on how they act or look like. That's really cool.

Write more, write soon, just write. Ciao.

(Oh, and you're right. The weather here in Indiana is horrible sometimes, huh?)
A Tarnished Rose chapter 1 . 2/23/2005
This so amazing. It's such an unusual story, so unique. I love the summary too. The style is fantastic, and i would love to see this in a short story book someday. It's such an intriguing story. I'm gonna stop now, otherwise i'll just repeat myself. but, wow.
WickedSilence chapter 1 . 12/6/2004
I love this! It's too cute, yet a bit sad at the same time. Y'know? Well, I just had to comment because I enjoyed reading this piece so much. You are a very good writer. Thank you so much.
Posed to Death chapter 1 . 10/20/2004
I love this. o_o It's got that skewed out of wack feel that I just love in stories. :]
Heart!
Liebe Sasa chapter 1 . 8/17/2004
I don't have much in the way of criticism, so I'll leave the ever dreaded "I liked it!1!1oneone." Really though, this piece was quite unique and I liked it.
Inspiring, even.
~Sasa
Cheyenne chapter 1 . 8/15/2004
This is SO clever. I like it.
Unbeknownst chapter 1 . 8/3/2004
Absolutely lovely. Could use an editor's touch here and there, but otherwise, it's very good.
McCabe chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
This has so much potential it almost makes me want to cry. On one hand, it's pretty goddamn funny; on the other it feels like it's edging on profound. You're a little verbose, but that'll fade with time. D'you have an editor? I'd love to volunteer, if you don't. Work with someone to polish this up, because it deserves to be published someday. (The summary was very eye-catching, by the way. Nicely succinct.)
DustyInvasion chapter 1 . 4/8/2004
o.o. . . *bursts into uncontrollable laughter* That was hysterical. I loved how you portrayed everyone. I was happily surprised when I saw Oedipus and Antigone in there (I've become a little obsessed with Sophocles writings right now) Even though it was humorous, it seemed to be so much more.
'I never know with all these unique individuals whether to be more assured of sanity or if I should commit myself to the nut house right now because this is what normal society is like. Sometimes I go home and think to myself, as Cleopatra slides the mail under my door and I hear the Henry ex-wives bickering for the fifth time this evening, if someone out there thinks I'm somebody special trapped in the normality of everyday life.' - That was my favorite line. It seemed to sum up exactly what you were trying to say throughout everything.
Your writing is unique and holds more depth to it then anything I've read. I enjoyed it immensely and I'm happy that I didn't pass it over as I was originally going to do. There's something to your writing that just stands out and captures the attention.
I'm not very good with reviewing or expressing my thoughts, I'm trying my best to convey to you what your writing did for me. When I finished it the only word ringing in my head was 'Wow.'
You probably know how wonderful you are, but I'll say it anyway. You have talent. Wonderful, amazing, and pure talent. Not the kind of talent where you'll just barely scrape by. But where your writing will be known and cherished. Your outlook on things is so. . . I don't know. . . just so completely different and. . . your own.
If you don't get anywhere in writing then it will be a damn shame. Your writing could reach out to some many people, it would be horrible if it wasn't spread and acknowledged.
I know I've only read one thing by you, but it was amazing. I have nothing to say towards constructive criticism, which I'm sorry for. I would love to help you make your writing better, but there seems to be nothing you could do to make it anymore enjoyable.
. . . And I'm taking too long on one review. -_-' Sorry, this is probably my longest review. - It's to make-up for all the dummies who didn't review for this amazing piece! I hope that you continue writing for a long, long while and maybe one day I can read it in book form!
Still stuck in the 'Wowness Factor' ~ DI