Reviews for Something Close to Yesterday
death fairy chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
look, "confused friend:"

stop using my reviews page as a message board. okay? please? if you really want to discuss this with either me or chris, e-mail us. it's not like our e-mails are a big mystery? what's with the secretiveness? if you want to e-mail me and discuss the issue, I'd be happy to do so, but I won't tolerate anonymous reviews like this. next time I'll just simply delete them.

oh, and. the art of writing poetry depends greatly on being able to dramatize. it's what all elementary writers do - dramatize. be serious - how can seven years of friendship be "nothing?" welcome to reality. don't take poetry literally otherwise you'll have to assume things that aren't necessarily true.

EG
confused friend chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
to mr. commie and ms. death fairy:

do you hate her? do you ever want to speak to her again? do you ever want to be friends again? do you miss your friendship? do you ever wish you could make up but not know how?

iono i jus think its sad.

i dun get how you could throw all that away if she ever wuz a good friend. i kno ms. death fairy doesnt think so cuz she said last poem that she thot their whole friendship was nothing, but wuz that same for you too mr. commie?
confused friend chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
okies, mr. commie. it jus seems like youre both personally attacking the other. iono why you think shes so fake, but i guess you still hate her lots. its kinda sad that after being really close friends youre going to throw it all away. it was politics but then she kinda stepped outa line by insulting you, but i think she was mad cuz you no longer wanted to be friends cuz of politics. havent you two fought lots before? i kno youve attacked her personally lots in all your other fights but she forgave you, why not forgive her for this time she stepped outa line?
Commie chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
Ah, but here's the part that's funny, confused friend. She did not try to make it up to us on her blog. I say this mainly for the CONTENT of her "apology" which was more attacks on myself (for my own apology) and also on Emerald. She doesn't quite seem to realize the deal here.

And plus, she's just not a decent enough person to leave me the fuck alone the first time I asked her too. She only did this after it was VERY clear from more than just me that I need to be left alone permanently.

Plus, she's so fake...
E. Gao chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
to "confused friend":

don't assume this is about her.
confused friend chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
i been watching this between the three of you. didnt she try to make up with you on her blog? i thot you and chris told her to leave you two alone and to never speak to you again. i dont think shell ever try to make contact with you again after what you said. isnt this what you wanted? why the self-pity?

im so confoosed!
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
"fondly anticipated by

spring because the clouds

tend to trap emotions like flies like genius writers like the world will never end;"

O_O I love it...ah it's so poignant and raw and beautiful to read aloud...the part about Helen of Troy and buttermilk and cream, wow! I loved VI, the last one. Lovely.

Keep writing! Peace
tarnished oversoul chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
meh, I've sort of given up on trying to put into words the emotions evoked in really good poetry- but you continue to blow my mind- so thanks for sharing more or less.

-TO
Obake-chan chapter 1 . 5/24/2003
That was very pretty. Especially ( I ) with the emotions being trapped in the sky. Also ( IV ). Either above or below.

Good like always. Too bad(Very very) that I don't have analyzation skills. Wish I did have some.
miss meaningeverythingtome chapter 1 . 5/23/2003
there is nothing more to say except

thank god you oh-so-subtley implied i

should go read this poem. to say it was worth it would be a massive understatement. i realize the fact that i perpetually praise your poetry probably makes me sound insincere, but it is always so deserving. i say what i mean and mean what i say. thank you for this.

i especially liked stanzas two and three.

koo-doze.

-liz
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 5/23/2003
AH! I love it!

(I) was my favorite, but i LOVED the "our story-" stanza...oh, this is AMAZING. you must put it on lg...wonderful, wonderful!