Reviews for In Memoriam
Admiral chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
Y'know, Raptor, if you'd left that review for any of my other essays I would simply have written it off as the fevered ravings of a typical leftist, but since you left it here I'm at a loss. What could I have possibly written in this essay that pissed you off that much? I can only imagine you meant this response for "The Imperialist" and weren't paying attention when you went a-clicking on my author page. If that's the case, go back to my author page and next time put on your glasses so you review the right thing.

P.S.: I never apologize. If you thought your time was wasted reading my stuff I have a simple solution for you: Don't read it.
Raptor7435 chapter 1 . 9/23/2005
If brains were gasoline, you wouldn't have enough to drive an ant's Go-cart around the inside of a bottle cap. You're just another Internet-addicted idiot suffering from diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the mind. If you knew what you're talking about, you'd be dangerous. I suggest you need Mark Twain's advice; "It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

You are about as entertaining as watching grass grow in a windowbox. What do you do for a living? You are living, aren't you? You have the warm personal charm of a millipede and about as much class as a bucket of mucous lodged on top of a dumpster in a Blue Light district of New Jersey. Maybe you wouldn't come across as such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you weren't an 'idiot savant' without the 'savant' part; if the chief excitement in your meaningless life wasn't spotting people who are fatter than you are, or if you didn't have a face that is registered as a biological weapon. No, come to think of it, you would.

Now, if you care to apologize for wasting my shamefully wasted time, I'll consider accepting it.-raptor
James Jago chapter 1 . 9/26/2003
A piece of writing even I can't disagree with. The Second World War was the only war in modern history whic was utterly, indidsputably right to prosecute, and should never be forgotten.
HNMN Commander for the Right chapter 1 . 8/8/2003
This is an awesome essay and it's good to see someone recognize this holdiday that seems to be becomming nothing more than a chance for a good cook out.

-hnmn
Imaginary Player chapter 1 . 7/5/2003
Though we may have difference of opinion on many subjects, I have to give credit where credit is due. To do something you feel strongly for takes great courage, especially when it entails overcoming racial barriers. A well-written essay indeed.
Calvin Fitzgerald chapter 1 . 7/1/2003
An excellently written essay. My hat is off to you.
J. T. Phlaan chapter 1 . 6/13/2003
Very thorough; I like your straight-forward style in this piece. No 'beating around the bush', so to speak. Just the facts, and basing the voice of the essay on those points. Great writing.
Kyalia chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
Yes, I agree. But my school doesn't- we had school. (I wrote a poem on it, too). But it is annoying that some people pay lip service, and only lip service.
Moril chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
I agree with Loganberry. Although I protest most wars that come my way, it is good to honor those who died and are dying.

However, I think that there should be another holiday to honor those who were killed by soldiers - civilian casualties.

I'm not going to make this long. Your essay is very well-written and well-informed, for the most part.
Sirius Padriac chapter 1 . 5/30/2003
If you don't get goose bumps while reading this there is something wrong with you. Great essay! Makes me feel guilty I didn't post something in honor of Memorial Day
Frodine chapter 1 . 5/26/2003
This is really great. Thanks for reminding us what this day is about.
Loganberry chapter 1 . 5/26/2003
You probably think it's odd for a liberal-lefty like me to say so, but I think Memorial Day - or, over here, Remembrance Day - are tremendously important commemorations. Whether I agree with the wars they fought in or not, the people who gave their lives for them deserve to be remembered.
Mbwun chapter 1 . 5/26/2003
Great essay. A good way to bring this oft-trivialized holiday back into perspective.

He Who Walks On All Fours
Radyn chapter 1 . 5/26/2003
So are you part of the Armed Forces?

If so, then I must extend my thanks to you.
SamanthaDB chapter 1 . 5/26/2003
This is so... well, true would be a good word, I guess. I'm glad someone remembered this is more than a holiday with some sales at various stores. Thank you.