Reviews for Starving For Perfection
Eirien chapter 1 . 12/13/2004
Sounds almost like a child's song with the rhyme and rhythm, and the message therefore cuts all the deeper. the obsession, the compulsion, the feeling of superiority and control in this - you have captured it really well.
vintage fade chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
See where you're coming from, though I only starve myself from breakfast... For now. I wish people weren't this way, and wish we could just be comfortable with ourselves... But we're not, neither am I. Overall good poem. I love the lines 'Starving is what I will do, Until I am as thing as you.' Yeah... totally relate to this, which is the best thing, as far as writing is concerned... Not couting people's ability to write, which obviously comes first... Bleh, I'm rambling. Great job, I enjoyed this.
much love
vintage fade
QkoronaP chapter 1 . 7/19/2004
Very Expressive, sadely people think this way. I understand your reasoning, but, nobody should go through this type of physical endourance within life itself. I just hope that you wont be this way your whole life, being who you are not is not life...being yourself is.
Tanzonite Black chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
Oh the great joys of America's view on beauty...the skinnier the better. What a bunch of bull crap! But that asides, nice poem to capture this view.
LovesLostCat chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
I can relate to this poem, I go though times when I feel just like this. This is a bit like a few things I have wriiten, though mine don't rhyme because I'm crap at doing that lol
xCatx
hearme chapter 1 . 5/20/2004
all i could do is beg you to stop - it's difficult to explain my perspective on this.
if you need someone, call
hearme
katmonkey chapter 1 . 2/23/2004
Really well written. The rhymes are good and make it flow.
*lime-girl*
Transparent Cherub chapter 1 . 12/20/2003
very nice, the rhyme works well here. good poem.
jrl
lostrunner chapter 1 . 7/16/2003
love this one, it totally flows... brilliant! i can really relate.
CrimsonCat chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
Amazing. Really well written, and I like the rhyme - which is rare. I usually hate rhymes. Bravo.

Dai stiho
Sparkly Liz chapter 1 . 6/1/2003
wow, again, i can really relate. Its exactly how i used to feel, and sometimes still feel.

Liz.
Lonestar Sweetheart chapter 1 . 5/30/2003
i have a friend who used to be like this. we all have insecurities about our looks and it shames me to say that i've been close the experience you mention in your poem. keep up the good work...