Reviews for I am not just another echo
Kievsky chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
Dichotomy eh? Figuratively, at least, they can be one and the same. Love the thematic content, and the line breaks and arrangement of the lines is wonderfully done-like a breathing rhythm inside the poem. The only thing that sort of threw it off for me was the "ech-oh, no," just from an aesthetic standpoint. After that though the raindrop stanza brought me right back into it. The piece recalled the original Echo (Greek? Roman?) mythology-I don't know if it was intentional but it makes a great allusion either way, and ties back to the love and death connections. Well done, in style and emotion.
JAM Yiska chapter 1 . 6/13/2003
I often find that I lose intrest halfway through a longer poem like this, but I've been completely glued in your work. Interesting topic.
Glass November chapter 1 . 6/1/2003
Something I often wonder about, the relations between love and death, and any possible middle ground. I think you've answered at least one of my questions with this poem, in an amazingly well-worded way. Great metaphors and details based on such. Thanks for writing it!
lemoncane chapter 1 . 6/1/2003
i dont get it but its cool
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 5/29/2003
"I am not just another raindrop meeting

my death on the muddy pavement, waiting"

Ach ach ach...this is so relatable for me...! Lovely, I like the repetitions of "I am not" ...etc. So sad; the end...

Keep writing! Peace
rose of dresden too lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 5/28/2003
OMG. The ending is so heartbreaking (along the lines of russian czars!)

echo. ech! ech! i am so dying. this is so beautiful

[dies]
Obake-chan chapter 1 . 5/27/2003
Fwee. I love that.

I don't care if I don't understand the poem(though I would like to), instead of only seeing the poem, but the thing that matters to me is that it's. so. pretty.

I love the way it starts. 'I am no just another ech-oh, no.' 'ech-oh'? Just in the midst of this fantasy and imagination world, comes the habbits and everday stuff that everybody does. Maybe a few people won't try to drink rain drops, but still.

Pretty stuff.
NeverAgainTruth chapter 1 . 5/27/2003
Very, very wooeing. Not quite sure what I just said, but the word felt right. Very pretty. lovely