Reviews for Elf Boy and Baby Face
Chaotic Boredom chapter 1 . 6/24/2003
This reminds me of one of my friends. Wow. Amazing story.
PaperLanterns chapter 1 . 6/14/2003
Holy shit. thosewere the only few words i could manage for two whole minutes after i finished that. WOW...that was really really powerful. I don't even know where to start when it comes to telling you what i think is great about this. some powerful lines: "When life is sometimes an apparent lie still you do not stop yourself" and... "Life is what has happened and the past is barely important compared to what the future will bring"

The whole thing really sparks a lot of thought it's totally full of philisophical references and makes me evaluate myself and everyone else in a way that most things can't do. Excellent...just...wow..
anon63 chapter 1 . 6/10/2003
wow... i really loved that! i like how you didnt give them names, it made it seem... oh, idk, i cant find the words to say it. Beautiful story and completely realistic. Is it true?
Singe1 chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
A touching, sort of sad story, but true in many ways and instances.

Great story wingless. I liked it.
Vuelo chapter 1 . 6/5/2003
OMG i love this thing. i started out and for a while i was so utterly CONFUSED! but then i read on and it was like, woah, because the scary part is, i see this happen all the time. i see it, and thats what makes the whole thing hit Home. Of course though, the guys don't turn into rock stars, but i see the basics everywhere and its sad. it happened to me too and now i never even talk to the guy anymore. so wow, i just really feel it. only problem is it has left me with i think the same empty feeling as they had. haha i guess that could probably be the point too... awesome job, awesome.

-Courtney
Just Wolf chapter 1 . 6/5/2003
That was so very beautiful, and diffrent, and amazing and incredible. It was unusual which made it even more amazing.
visiondust chapter 1 . 6/3/2003
i like this story. rather pretty in it's own sad way. the characters are very easily related to, and yet by placing sterotypes by refering to them based on the way they dress it almost makes them seem unreal, making the love between elf boy and baby face more like that of a beautiful fairy tale.

very very pretty indeed.
luvsux4u chapter 1 . 6/1/2003
ur talents are more apparent in this piece of writing. ur descriptiveness is unrivaled by many here, and take pride in that. I did infact get lost, but that was me..I read it again...and then , Message, Description, Poetry..everything is remarkable. For those impatient for more , may ur next masterpiece be ready soon...

Slade
WaterDemon1989 chapter 1 . 6/1/2003
that was really good. i know that was not very descriptive but your story sure was. i thought that since you gave me a review that i shoulddo the same for you. anyway my real name is Victoria and that poem i wrote is not true. well i mean for other women it sadly is but not for me i'm only 13. i just thought that it was another topic that needs to be adressed. i don't think that one should dwell on it, it just needs to be adressed. but it seems like that soo many people think that if they ignore it then it will go away but it wont. i'm kinda new to so could you give me a few pointers? um...what's your e-mail adress? you sound really nice and one can't have too many friends. :) see-ya
flying blind chapter 1 . 6/1/2003
this is really well written, I love your writting style. you portray the story well, good job. I hope you keep writing
Capistrano chapter 1 . 6/1/2003
Hmm. I like your writing style. Its interesting and original. This story wasn't all that coherent to me at first, which in this case isn't a flaw. I just had to slow down while reading it, and really pay attention.

Reading this, you kinda get a feeling like looking into someone's backyard through a latticed gate, and trying to make out the figures playing around back there.

I guess if I were to offer any criticisms . . . Punctuation. With your style of writing its easy for a reader to get a little lost or misread a sentence when a comma or semi-colon or whatever is left out. But, of course all of that is up to your personal discretion, just make sure that it reads exactly the way you meant it to be read. Also, I'm not even sure why I feel this way, but when I was reading it and I came to the sentence "And seems beautiful and perhaps it would have been." I almost wish it had ended there. That line just seems like a great line to end on for some reason. It just has this suttle poingnancy to it, I guess.

The only other thing is that in the paragraph that sentence ends, and the paragraph right before it, the description of Nick and Quinn's relationship gets just a little mushy. I only mention this because it is a little disruptive to the fic. There is a nice restraint in the narration of this story in the beginning, and it would be really nice if it held that tone continuously through the whole piece. Um, that's about it. This was nice. It surprised me a little, and I enjoyed reading it from beginning to end. Good job. Keep writing.
Laisse Beton chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
I like the way this is written, like a mix between poetry and prose. Your imagery is amazing. I like things being under people's fingernails, that's a great emotional image- how it's always there, sort of tickling the edge of your consciousness or maybe not. As the poem gets darker the language gets more concrete and more conversational; is this intentional? I like it if it is, kind of showing the "real world" as so much more vulgar than perfect memories or even just real life in more innocent years.

P.S. in reference to your review of Egypt- yep, it's true. I have had two incredible friends that I was in love with (in different ways) that have now left me (by different routes).

I love your writing, I'm sorry I don't review more.

-L.B.