Reviews for Mattie
Acc.Disabled chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
phooba,

I know I'm arriving at this story a few years late, but hey, better late than never!

I quite enjoyed this piece; it was easy to read, it was entertaining, and the characters were believable and interacted well with each other. It was a good oneshot, and I can't help but hope Martin finds his happy ending one day! :)
Pandemonium Express chapter 1 . 8/12/2005
muahahaha...the evil incessantly ranting reviewer is back. Anywyas, This is a wacky short story. I like it! XD
ethebookworm chapter 1 . 8/1/2004
Awesome. Mattie's got real attitude. I think this could go somewhere.
YK Author chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
I was expecting something really different than this story when I started reading, but I still like it. You did a nice job w/the descriptions.
Hello chapter 1 . 7/26/2003
This is an interesting start, but I'm not sure about the use of brackets to point out that this is the story Mattie is telling her roommate. It took me a moment to grasp that was what was happening, and I felt that they disrupted the flow of that part of the story. Couldn't you have achieved a similar thing by having a lead in line after the 'Air Jordans' - "however, she was about to find out what Mattie was talking about" or something. Then Mattie wouldn't need to say she suppressed a rude comment etc - you could just work the fact she did into the narrative of the flashback.

I'm sorry for going on; I just didn't like that bit. I felt it disrupted the flow of the story.

The rest of what you have is good though. Mattie is a bit insensitive to Martin's feelings, but he sounds a bit like he deserves that.
You Need More Flair chapter 1 . 7/19/2003
Hiya Poohba! I like this, but just becasue I like it doesn't mean you can leave TOK alone. Nope. But when you're finished, hook a sistah up. :) I really do like this, y'know.
Harmonized chapter 1 . 7/10/2003
lol, good stuff. Loving Mattie's attitude, as horrid as it really is, but come on, who doesn't love a chick that gets away with treating men like shit? like Becca says, she's a riot, lol. Anyway, like i said, good stuff, looking forward to an update, keep up the good work :o)
Liriel87 chapter 1 . 7/6/2003
i like it, i like it alot. Later Days

Liriel
Baby Milo chapter 1 . 7/3/2003
This is really good continue!
Shattered Illusions chapter 1 . 6/21/2003
nice short story...to me it seems that this is all its supposed to be, but all the other reviews are treating it as a several chaptered, longer story...care to enlighten me? *shrug* personally, i think it should be left just like this, a good, funny, short story.
Courting Insanity chapter 1 . 6/10/2003
Oh, I like this story. It's an intriguing frist chapter and I liked how you did the flash back with all the (Mattie said) stuff, which makes the readers aware that it's told from one point of view so the possiblity of it not being the actual truth.

It's great and I hope the next chapter comes soon!

Ellie
aznistic chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
haha, nice first chapter! I am interested to see in what direction this will take ]!
BetterbyDesign chapter 1 . 6/2/2003
O...intriguing.
Lisa0211 chapter 1 . 6/2/2003
I want to see Martin turn into some hot piece of ass over the summer, lose his pimples, get buff and have her drooling all over him for the way he treats her. haha. But your story is good...it's unique. I haven't read one like it so far. Actaully I like it a lot. Please keep going. I would really love to see what happens.