Reviews for Why I'm Not A Christian
The Assassin's Shadow chapter 1 . 6/16/2004
Yes. I agree almost completely with what you have written. It isn't just the Christians who do this, but they are the more widespread example out there. To Shymk, not all athiests think that they are "enlightened" and my point is that I am a self-proclaimed hypocrite and that people should do whatever they feel like doing as long as they leave the rest of the world alone.
SJBiernat chapter 1 . 6/10/2004
I am a Christian and choose to read this or not I don't have time to dwell. You make some interesting points. you condemn Christians as a whole and you don't know every Christian's heart. Everyone sins. No matter who you are. christians and non-christians alike. No one is perfect except for Jesus Christ. God has other plans for me than to convince you of him. You can't conovice a hardened heart and my fingers would get tired trying. So I bid you ado. In christ -S
Love Me CrayziE chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
okay. im gonna start off by saying that i'm not christian myself, so this isnt in defence to what you said. i just think that, all people can do wrong, of every faith and every religion, not just christianity. is it better to have rules, even if some people disobey them or to have no rules at all? aside from that...just because you don't believe in one religion doesnt mean you can't believe in god. i have a lot to say about this, but the rest is sorta personal so you can email me if you want.
kizz*
MistrissD chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
wow, you certaintly got a lot of umm reviews? for this. I do agree with you on most terms, im studying the bible now, and most christians, have come to be hypocritical *insert word here* hehe. But yeah, I see where your coming from, and props to you for have the courage to put this on .
lisa chapter 1 . 8/20/2003
i agree with you. i'm not religious, and i'm damn proud of it. i mean, what the hell's religion. worshipping something you don't even know it real...all religions are hypocritical. islam too. yeah...see the freaking oxymoron in "holy war"...and even crusades? sorry. i'm just strongly against religion.

religious ppl just discriminate against ppl of diff religions. it's fucking pathetic.
Fallingofftheworld chapter 1 . 7/7/2003
I agree that some christians are jerks and/or hypocrites, but what about the ones that die for their faith? Don't be like the christians you talk about and discriminate.
Anna chapter 1 . 6/21/2003
I'm actually writing this in response to Prupie 1329 (sorry for using your review page as a chat forum, i'll comment on your story kinda at the same time...) It's a tad frustrating that prupie agrees with the writer about Christianity and how horrible it is, but gosh, all the other religions are okay... sigh, Christianity has such a bad rap, and most of it has nothing to do with God or the religion, just some of the ppl who are a part of the religion. Please study a religion before making assumptions. You want Christians to do the same; setting an example would be a good idea, ya know?
rona chapter 1 . 6/10/2003
wow. this was the dumbest thing i've ever read. I think i can actually feel my brain atrophying. sorry, that was mean.

but anyway, YOU are the real hypocrite. you condemn christians (which i assume includes catholics and others who beleive in God) because they condemn others. so aren't you guilty of the same thing you accuse tehrs of?

and why are you the moral authority? why do you get to judge everyone else? to quote Jesus "let he/she who is sinless cast the first stone." you have the right to write whatever you want, and i respect you for doing so, but you are completely off mark. maybe you have some real reasons to dislike some people who are christian. but why do your close minded opinions define all others?

also, the reason christians have committed "every sin imaginable" is because christians, like all other humans, are not perfect, and they are going to sin and they are going to do bad things becuase all humans have failings. but a christian is just as likely to commit a crime as an atheist or a jew or a muslim or a wiccan or whatever you are. just because you don't "lower yourself" to the standards of christians doesn't mean you have more of a right to crimes and failings than the rest of us.

And being a non conformist is the definitinon of being a christian. no one likes christians, and how many people are really trying to live life in a holy manner? but the fact that you hate us so much shows we are doing something right. being a christian means being of god, not of the world and not of your small, prejudiced thought process.
Pallas Wolf chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
I do think you have a valid point - to an extent. While many Christians do things that are horrible, it's also worth noting that every culture and religion, be it polytheistic, monotheistic, atheistic, or agnostic, has problems. A great deal of it is up to the individual; I've met several Christians I barely was able to be in the same room with, but they are hardly the standard.

The world, unfortunately, is filled with hypocrites - we all are, at some level, and for some people (such as myself, I hope), Christianity helps to become a better person.

Anyway! Sorry to ramble. Well-written, though there were a few grammatical mistakes (not any that were notably serious), and you might have been able to separate it into a few different smaller chunks. Concise and to the point, which is rather pleasant to see.
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
Amen, my sister!
KafPoe chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
for one thing you are putting all christians in existance in one group, you see them all as these uncaring, hypocritcal people. all christians arent' the same. Get more life experience before you go saying things like this.
Azureye chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
I'm sorry you feel this way... It's true there are a lot of people who call themselves Christians but are still vicious to each other. I've seen it - they'll go to church on Sunday and then go backstabbing their friends, talking behind people's backs, and bullying other kids through the week. It's true of some people - but they aren't true Christians.

However, I promise you that if you look around, you will be able to find some true Christians - people who love the Lord and show their love by helping out those around them and being kind. I believe it says somewhere in the Bible (sorry, can't remember the exact verse...) that "the entire law is summed up in this command - love your neighbor as yourself". This is how you will be able to find some real Christians - the kind of Christians that changed my life.

God bless,

Azureye
nightstar21 chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
I'm really sorry you feel this way. But condemnig Christians is not the answer to the world's problems. Every religion has its own views and ideas. Every religion (or aetheism-for those who don't believe in a supreme being) had their stereotype.

Every religion also has a few people who don't correctly stand for what the religion is about. I think you may be misinformed and a bit quick to judge. While you may not have met any, there are so many amazing Christians who really stand for what they believe in.

I think that by respecting others and their ways of life, makes you a better person. As soon as you except that, I think you'll find that not all Christians are as bad as you say they are.
Prupie1329 chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
I agree with you about how you feel about christians, but I don't think all other religions are just following a crowd, because I'm wiccan and it's not about a crowd at all because I only even know one other wiccan. but anyway, I just want you tell you I know how you feel. :-D
Shymk chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
Erm... okay let me get this straight. You won't follow God, because people who call themselves Christians act like shmucks?

Okay, I'm not going to argue with you, that would just be silly... but can't the same be said about Atheists? Not to pound on them (I'm also going to generalize like mad, but to prove my point in your argument), but some Atheists are also racist, they also consider themselves "enlightened", better than others, they curse, they murder... So, according to your reasons for not being a Christian, you actually shouldn't be an Atheist either...

So why don't you stop pointing the finger at others and find the truth without hiding behind people?