Reviews for Duty and Defiance
jarvie chapter 20 . 8/15/2003
Grim Reaper, Azrael, hmm... I'm guessing Desmond gave the horse to Madeline. He's really got something about Death, hasn't he? Adam was really sweet in this chapter. I feel really sorry for Caleb though. UPDATE SOON!
poohba chapter 20 . 8/15/2003
Well, we know who must have given Madeleine her horse, right? Who else would give a horse such a morbid name, but Desmond?

Very interesting stuff going on here. The conversation between Caleb and Adam contrasted nicely with the one between Isabella and James. They gave us all an idea of what everybody is thinking about with regards to Caleb's almost-proposal.
Silver Phoenix11 chapter 20 . 8/14/2003
Hmm...I wonder if Desmond gave the horse to Madeleine...

Can't wait for more!
GinaO chapter 19 . 8/12/2003
I love this story! I could not stop reading this. I love the characters, ahh... Caleb... he's a sweetheart. Well I hope you keep writing 'cause you got me hooked with your story.
SpawnofSauron chapter 19 . 8/12/2003
love the new chapter, though Isabella's mother very quickly got on my bad side. Anyways, can't wait til the next chapter
aims80 chapter 19 . 8/11/2003
Still loving this.

Luv Aims :)
Scotia Rain chapter 19 . 8/11/2003
Ah! Mrs. Hastings is just so... demanding, in that bad, Victorian-style way.

I love how you've done this chapter. It shed a lot of light on both of Isabella's parents. Mr. Hastings seems like one of those cool dads; he has the power to amuse Isabella, even in an awful situation like this.

As for the mother... well, I instantly began to worry when she wanted to talk to her daughter. I thought maybe she had gone and done something crazy, like meddle. Well, in any case, it's apparent that Isabella will face some troubles in the future! Doesn't sound like Mrs. Hastings would let her marry "...that bastard nephew of Colonel Weatherly's."

Oh! Update soon.
lazy poohba chapter 19 . 8/11/2003
I have but a few words to say in review of this chapter.

Go Mr. Hastings!

And *plggh* on Mrs. Hastings!
Silver Phoenix11 chapter 19 . 8/11/2003
Interesting chapter! Wonder what Mrs. Hastings might do next..
Liriel87 chapter 19 . 8/10/2003
A great chapter! Her dad amuses me greatly. I want to know what he said to her mother though . . . hmm i wonder. Update soon!

Liriel
jarvie chapter 19 . 8/10/2003
Stupid . I actually really like . Hope Isabella takes her father's advice.
ONEthousandWORDs chapter 19 . 8/10/2003
... is Bella stupid? if she is, then i' tempted not read this anymore... unless Madeline and Desmond work out...
Katrin the Great who is too lazy to sign in chapter 19 . 8/10/2003
Man, her mother is one HUGE bitch!
ChocolateEclar chapter 19 . 8/10/2003
*trying to strangle Mrs. Hastings* URGH! I'm going to kill her! She's such an-

Whoops! -_- Nevermind that. Mr. Hastings was cool though.

Update soon! Bye! _
ONEthousandWORDs chapter 18 . 8/9/2003
as always, very nice. I like your style very much. However, I do think it is a bit strange to have these people be SO horrendously suspicious of one another. Isabella- "Why hello, Mr. Crawford. Lovely evening." Desmond- "Oh, really? And I suppose you would like to be spending it with a certain *eyes flicker to Caleb* /someone/?" Isabella- *blush* Caleb & Madeline- *face turns white and pasty* *Thinks: 'Oh no! (S)he hates me! (S)he must be flirting with one of my best friends! Ah!"*
402 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 .. Last Next »