Reviews for Duty and Defiance
passion101 chapter 40 . 12/26/2003
Yeah, their better be an epilogue! Will there be a sequal?
GinaO chapter 40 . 12/26/2003
The end? so soon? wow, I've truly enjoyed reading this story and it's so nice to see that everything is coming to an end. They're all finally together. Now I can't wait for the epilogue. Keep it up! :)
TwinkieChica chapter 40 . 12/26/2003
I've been reading every chapter as you posted them, but have just been too lazy to review. I love your story and I'm almost sad to see it end. It's beautifully written and the plot is wonderful. Amazing, amazing job!
shoelacy chapter 40 . 12/26/2003
over already? well it has a great ending. : )
Midnight Owl chapter 40 . 12/26/2003
are you kidding me? it's over? i just read it today! lol, not cool. well, anyuways, this is an amazing story and i'll tell you a little secret. on most stories i delete them from my fav. lists when they're done but i keeping this one because i like it so much. but i'm so EXCITED that they're engaged it's not even funny. poor adam. but the romantic side of me says that it'll be good for him. does he keep in touch with caleb? i hope so because caleb's a sweetie. anyways, i'm off to check out any other stories you've written! can't wait for the epilogue (or sequel...!)
Midnight Owl chapter 39 . 12/26/2003
Hello again. Just finished. I am in love with this story but more so your amazing Jane Austen-esque style of writing. How do you manage it? It's fabulous. I'm thrilled that they're finally getting married (both couples of course but Caleb and Isabella the most) and i feel terrible for adam. Poor guy. he's like the epitome of a trouble maker but i love him. his father, however, i think would have been okay had adam told him before hand. about getting audrey pregnant i mean. anyways, update soon plz!
Midnight Owl chapter 26 . 12/26/2003
hey! i just read all the story up to chapter 26... gosh, it's long. i'm sorry i didn't read the whole thing but i am in desperate need of some rest. lol. so whenever i have a chance i'll finish it. i'm adding this story to my favorite stories list though because i really love it. it's an amazing plot. honestly, you've really got something here. you have excellent grammar (which is hard to come across, actually) and a brilliant plot line. your story reminds me of a jane austen novel. it's beautiful. well, update soon plz
Liriel87 chapter 39 . 12/23/2003
Dum dum dum. Oh well. he better marry her. All those boys, better marry whomever. Well I cant wait until the next installment! Update soon!
Liriel
shoelacy chapter 39 . 12/23/2003
There are only three words that can describe this...
Iloveit! more, please!
Silvestria chapter 39 . 12/23/2003
Dun dun dun! Well... it wasn't that surprising after all, I guess. But still nasty for poor Adam. At least he's married. And I do seriously hope that you're going to write a spin-off on 'unforeseen difficulties at the butchery'. I should most severly disappointed if this were not the case! :) Thanks for the Christmas present. Merry XMas to you.
~Silvestria~
poohba chapter 39 . 12/22/2003
That's a twist I didn't see coming. So, if I understand things correctly... does that mean Caleb is now the colonel's heir? He's rich, then? He can go talk to Mr. Hastings immediately?
But poor Adam. And why is Audrey not with him?
Ending the chapter with poetry makes it sound so final, somehow. But you can't mean to finish it here, can you? I still have too many questions left!
TwinkieChica chapter 39 . 12/21/2003
Sucks to be Adam, but then that means Caleb will be the one to inherit, rightrightright? (please) haha :D
Great job! I love your story and can't wait to read more. I love not only your long descriptions, but you pick the exact words to express the characters' emotions; I can completely imagine each little detail.
GinaO chapter 39 . 12/21/2003
Ah! Beautiful chapter! You're always surprising me with this story and oh, how I could love to see Mrs. Hasting's reaction... hehehehehe... I loved that part. OH! and that poem. Really lovely. Once again, you've done a splendid job. :)
ONEthousandWORDs chapter 39 . 12/21/2003
Mae Govannen.
Adam did the right thing and got punished for it? Silly parents. They want children to accept responsibility and be honorable people when they are grown, yet the Colonel goes and does that? Silly man... Silly, stupid oaf... *shakes head sadly*
The poem (A Red, Red Rose) is very pretty. Robert Burns wrote it... when? 1850? 1870? Or am I in the wrong century? Ah well. They had silly ways of spelling back then. "Luve." Honestly. But it is a very pretty poem none the less. ; You have good taste. I should read some Robert Burns stuff sometime, now that you have introduced me to him.
This was a nice chapter. Bella's mother is a silly interfering old woman. No surprise there. But even though it contained her within its... pages? Eh well. Even though the chapter included her, it was well done and generally nice. Pleasant. That was the word I was looking for. A pleasant chapter. ;
Continue writing and posting! ;
May thou walk in the light of the Holy Radish and may the Penguin King view thy path kindly. Ahem.
Namarie.
Written by S. P. Ratt
Read by Tilly Blue, Fairy Penguin and Secretary to the Esteemed S. P. Ratt, so as to prevent horrendous and upsetting statements being made. She hopes that she has succeeded.
Silvestria chapter 38 . 12/15/2003
You know, when I saw the chapter title, I was at school and I couldn't properly read the chapter. I thought, "Wild boars- what the heck is she going on about?" Now I understand. How terribly lovely, Knightingale!
~Silvestria~