Reviews for Duty and Defiance
GinaO chapter 36 . 11/30/2003
OH thanks for the update. Great chapter. I also thought that Adam ran away. Things seem to be coming to a closing. Well, I can't wait for the next chapter. You're doing a nice job. Keep it up _!
Liriel87 chapter 36 . 11/30/2003
Wow, that was a great chapter! Im not sure if Adam did the right thing, but hey he is doing better than i thought he would. For half a second there i thought he had just ran away. Goodness i was so angry. Anyway good chapter! Update soon!
Liriel
kriz-te chapter 35 . 11/26/2003
ah! i love this story! :) so much! you write so well and the story line is so wonderfully woven, that i dont at all care that my butt has no feeling from sitting straight through all 35 chapters! :)

i love stories from this era and you have captured every aspect of "Society" so well! i'm dying for more!

~Christy
poohba chapter 35 . 11/23/2003
Oh, I liked how that chapter ended.
ONEthousandWORDs chapter 35 . 11/22/2003
My, but Caleb can be slow! *shakes head* At least he finally got it, though. And he apologized. And Adam did the right thing. All is going well... maybe. Time for something else to go wrong! ;
Liriel87 chapter 35 . 11/22/2003
Wow its amazing how stupid and yet wonderful guys can be. . . i do hope things work out. Update soon!

Liriel
GinaO chapter 35 . 11/22/2003
OMG! Why did Mrs. Hastings had to come in again? I really hate her. Great chappie as always. Hope you update soon. Great story. Keep it up! _
Silvestria chapter 34 . 11/15/2003
What are fool you are, Caleb! If you'd just hung around a little longer... Very very sweet story from Desmond though. (Knightingale- you're usually very accurate on your Britishisms, but using the word 'candy' does sound out of place! Use 'sweets', 'sweetmeats', or 'chocolates'.) Looking forward to the next chapter.

~Silvestria~
GinaO chapter 34 . 11/12/2003
Oh! Great chapter. I really enjoyed reading it. Caleb is such a jelaous man. Loved Desmond's story... I just hope they get together pretty soon. Keep writing!
passion101 chapter 34 . 11/12/2003
oh for goodness sakes! if he can't trust her then he better start if he says he loves her!
meowsers chapter 34 . 11/12/2003
Caleb, I am growing weary of your jealousy. Please let Caleb learn the truth! I would like to see the story move ahead to Caleb other insecurities rather than watch him continue to be jealous of Desmond.

Great story. I have followed since the beginning and love it.
poohba chapter 34 . 11/11/2003
Caleb is a jealous little fool. I adore him, but he needs a stern talking to. I just had a weird thought. Wouldn't it be wonderfully ironic if Adam was the one to give him the stern talking to?

Anyway... So here's the long-awaited chapter where we find out Desmond and Madeleine's history. His confession struck me as very Jane Austenish, somehow... Paragraphs and paragraphs of nothing but his voice explaining the situation. It's kind of an old-fashioned writing style that you don't see much of anymore, but I don't know how you would have broken it up anyway.

Well, there's an attempt at constructive criticism, anyway. The reader in me really doesn't care. She enjoyed the chapter thoroughly!
ONEthousandWORDs chapter 34 . 11/11/2003
Well, Desmond had better get married soon so that Caleb quits being suspicios and jealous and such.

I like this. It's all very nice and perddy. Well written. Post another chappy soon!
aims80 chapter 33 . 11/8/2003
I really liked this chapter and I kind of understand why Caleb got angry, but I hope he gets over it soon. As usual, keep up the good work.

Luv Aims :)