Reviews for The Curse
Sonata chapter 1 . 6/4/2003
wow...omgosh...wow...im speechless right now...i dont know what the heck to say...gosh...please hold whilst i gather my bearings *elevator music plays*...

...whoa...thats my 1st word...whoa~i LOVE this poem...i am sticking it on my favortites and it is NOT coming off~i love every part of it...not an inch of it is bad or poorly written...or boring...the metaphors...the free verse stanza...the way you wrote it~

...the way you wrote it...now THAT REALLY blew me away~its written jus like one would speak (thank you Captain Obvious) but it looses none of its depth...simple but so deep, so very effective~extremely...pardon the pun...but extremely unique~ive never found another poem of its kind before on fictionpress!~

(i must go on about this)~i love the metaphors...they are my favorite things in entire relm of the poet...and your poem...you use so many different ones...they're not consistent and thats what makes them genius~

i love "Just an invisible prophecy waiting."~that is soo cool...it sticks you in stark contrast, it puts you as another face in the crowd...but not (ok Nata...that made absolutely noo sense...)~i cant really figure out what im trying to say...*scratches head*...ah well...you're the author you know what it means~

my favorites metaphor was

"I’m the ambiguous performer,

Just another actor on this big stage,

Throw me roses after the show,

They cut so deep with their thorns."~

i love it, i love it, i love it, i LOVE it!~ another actor on the stage, but so different!~and the line "throw me roses after the show"~how brilliant!~its so simple...but SO powerful...one of the best lines (of which there are many)~to throw roses...its almost a mockery the way you wrote the line, the way it was placed...i picture you alone on the stage...in the hot lights...perhaps singing...a lone rose~*shivers* oh gosh ove got cold chills!~it reminded me of a scene in the movie "Selena"~youve prolly never seen it...but someone throws her a rose...a single rose onto the stage...while shes singing a ballad...the audience is quiet...in the next seen...shes dead...in the next scene there is so much chaos...*shivers again*...god ur so brilliant~the poem is brilliant...so wonderfully worded...such technique...i...i cant explain everything i got out of this piece...its so brilliant...im jealous!~you are obviously VERY talented...please continue to write and post...please do...i will certainly be reading all i can find of yours!~

Seals~

Nata~
Selene Rousseau chapter 1 . 6/4/2003
This is really have the potential! I like the part when you said

"My living is not a sin to me,

For once shut up and let me live."

Shea