Reviews for Sights Of War
iustus chapter 1 . 6/12/2004
You need to break up your lines. It's a good poem, a good message but it needs more variety, and it needs to look cleaner. I guess I'm just a perfectionist. Sorry.
Le Sage chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
so true. sounds like palistine.
Moril chapter 1 . 6/10/2003
I love this poem. It's got a lot of emotion in it. I'd like to see what I can do with a tune/guitar chords for it.

You're absolutely right. War is evil and it's almost never necessary.
Psycho-kyugurl chapter 1 . 6/9/2003
Oh my...I really don't know what to say. Lost of words...

::sniff::
Lantana chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
not bad, i like the last verse the best,

so sad :(
Sorceress Knight chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
I REALLY like this poem! It's so true! It reminds me of one of my fav quotes which is "In times of war we're all the losers. There's no victory" -"War Child" by the Cranberries. Keep writing and thnx for reviewing mine! -SK
mistykasumi chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
I really liked the rhmying scheme (even if you didn't intend it to be that way), and it is oh so very true. Greatness!
J.C.Gray chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
What impressed me most about this poem was the repetition of the word "same." The point you're trying to get across here is an important one. The things that make wars seem different are, after all, inconsequential. It's not important where the war is taking place. What matter is the pain and the suffering and the fact that they rarely get as much attention as all the policics.

The last three lines of the poem are "explosive" in the sense that the repetition of "to kill another" gives the closing a lot of force. The fact that the lines are getting shorter and shorter also helps the poem makem ma stronger impact.
cosmo-queen chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
Excellent poem, I definitely agree. "Every time the same old thing, But it's just happening in a new place." Spot on. I guess humans will never learn. Great work and thanks for the review :) Keep writing :)

*cosmo-queen*
CancerianQueen chapter 1 . 6/6/2003
Yes, so true. Maybe you should check your spelling a bit more? This isn't a flame... just a suggestion! :)

Keep writing,

Vnomi. ;)
sarah is old chapter 1 . 6/6/2003
Sometimes war is necessary for the greater good of humanity. I would rather spend my time supporting and praying for those who go out to defend the freedom that gives people like me and you the right to voice our opinions about the war they are fighting in.
Angele Raye chapter 1 . 6/5/2003
This poem is wonderful! It paints a great image for me. I'm really opposed to war. The only thing... you used the wrong form of "THERE" and it's driving me crazy. You need to use, "THEIR" Otherwise it is breathtaking. Best Wishes!
NizzHobbit chapter 1 . 6/5/2003
Like some other poems, you kind of have a half rhyming thing going. It works in this one though. The piece is very powerfull. Nice job.

~Nizzy
Beau Porteur De Diamant chapter 1 . 6/5/2003
Beautiful.
The Wanlorn chapter 1 . 6/5/2003
Only too true... I love the "People dying people crying" line. It just sounds really good being said outloud. ;-)

~~Nire the Evil~~