Reviews for White Satin
beyond.that.horizon chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
effing beautiful.
thestonedfox chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
I could read this over and over again and never get tired of it. There are so many beautiful lines, but I loved " I’m the Clash, clash clash clash like cymbals and no, Joe, you’re not dead, because I don’t know you."

Gorgeous.
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
SO FUCKING POWERFUL. and i'm sorry, but i'm IN LOVE with the line "I’m the Clash, clash clash clash like cymbals and no, Joe, you’re not dead, because I don’t know you."...
like a lover chapter 1 . 1/4/2006
like nothing else.
The Watched again. Noticed something else chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
I was just rereading this (again) and had to point out what I realised: I love its imperfection.

And that isn't a veiled insult. The first stanza, to me, IS perfection in the fact that it's imperfect, that you mention things (slash) and people (Billy Martin) that not everyone knows, thereby cutting down your target audience...but at the same time, if you DO know them, you know that a) the points you make are absolutely one hundred percent correct, and b) you feel like you're in some sort of exclusive 'club' because you know the meaning of this poem...it's absolutely amazing. And the line "I'm the Clash, clash clash clash like cymbals and no, Joe, you're not dead, because I don't know you" was one of the most heart-rending lines I have ever read, for some reason.

Whew. Amazing. Again.
addie pray chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
Interesting style. I loved the leather/cigarettes/men and cold nights line. The imagery rocks the casbah (lovelovelove The Clash).
Ethereal Kisses chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
Hey,

This poem rocks and the structure is unlike anything I've ever seen before. It has so much meaning and then none at all. You've broken every bit of meaningless praise I could have given you. I loved it.
l'orage d'absinthe chapter 1 . 7/12/2005
that is a gorgeous, gorgeous poem. I loved it, and especially the line: 'the anti-fairydustedrosepetals'excellent writing.
The Watched chapter 1 . 7/11/2005
Beautiful. Absolutely fucking beautiful. Makes me feel gloriously inept. Has some sort of artistsic yet gritty feel to it that's just...wow. Breathtaking.
love me crayzie inanutshellkizz chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
you know, i had...*laughs at self*. i had the line "sexiness is the ...blabla." in my head. the be-eyelinered part stuck out. i had it repeating over and over in my head ever since i met this guy...well..not important. mostly, i found it odd that the line impacted me and stayed stuck in my brain for, what? a year? well, i dont believe i ever actually read your peice until now. and i love. especially the writing please.

-summs
only weekdays chapter 1 . 1/13/2005
i dont know what to say - everyone has said everything else.

(would just telling you i loved it be enough?)
solitaire-for-two chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
you are fabulous.
i have never read more orignial poetry with such a free spirit surrounding it.
Oriole chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
that is so deeply beautiful! so creatively random... haha i LOVE it!
breakdown in the waiting room chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
I love poetry with descriptions about the one speaking (author or character). I love seeing how that person perceives themself and what they are. You chose words so fantastically- they all slide together with such ease, especially the stream-of-consciousness bit at the end. This wreaks well-needed psychological havoc.
Love it.
-Jess
wingless chapter 1 . 6/7/2004
i love this. i love how freely it flows, your writing is beautiful. you don't overexplain things too much. just phrases, emotions, leave it at that.
i like the pop-culture references they make your work seem more human. your very very talented
31 | Page 1 .. Last Next »