Reviews for Are you There?
Ellesmra chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Wow,
I think that this is great and very moving, something that I can connect to.

Even if He is up there or some Thing is up there, I believe that there might be a little bit of fate involved in our lives, but it is mostly up to us to find happiness.
lookingwest chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
I like the repetition in this, it really draws forth emotion from the reader and the essential repeating of the theme of absence really captured my attention. The idea of this having to do with "are you there?" and questioning the existence of God is something I think can be really relatable for a lot of people, I know I went through the same questions when I was younger, and I think because of that, this makes it an easy poem to find a grounding connection with. Free verse suits you well!
KuroKage1717 chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
interesting, thoughtful poem. a lot of people have that question, but as for myself - if i simply look at the wonder of the world around me, if i think about all the blessings in my life, if i remember the wondrous feelings of peace He has given me during the hard times in my life - it is so obvious that God is there. Sometimes, people are just blinded to that fact.
jadedmari chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
Your presentation and flow is smooth-the only criticism I can think of is your lowercase "i" in the middle of one or two lines...I think that everyone has been where you were at some point or another. Keep up the good work.
heartbrokensoul chapter 1 . 1/9/2005
God is there and he is watching over us all. He will awnser you in his own time. Just don't give up faith in him so easily
neep chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
hey don't give up faith in God that easy, i know what you were thinking, wew all feel that way some times.
Fish chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
He's there E.D. He's there and he loves you.
niep chapter 1 . 2/12/2004
im here
dracon chapter 1 . 1/18/2004
There is a balance to this world. Love and Hate. Pleasure and Pain. Life and Death. Good and Evil. I have seen evil, raw and pure. And I will see it again. It is my belief in a higher power, or God though, and that in myself, that keeps me sane. If nothing else try asking not, Are you there?, but What are you?
Maverick III chapter 1 . 6/28/2003
Sipder:

The Good can not be defined if there is no Evil. They need each other.

That is what is think.

Lots of people have doubts on their faith, no matter what religion you are talking about.

I liked your poem. It's good to ask "Are you There?" sometimes.
Katie Neal chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
He's there.
tigress2 chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
i think you really hit a mark with this one with alot of people, you certainly did with me.
Kittins cry chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
I can relate to this. Millions of people ask those questions everyday. "god" the whole htng, makes no since, yet the thought is so wonderful we want to believe,but where is the reason to? War, murder, rape, crime, and all tht, if he is sowonderful and there, how canhe let all this happen to us, or as a christian gone wrong would put it, has the devil taken over? Let Christians, Catholics, adn people who are just not sure feast their minds on that. Good poem by the way, it was well written. KW.

Mutt
Gleechumber chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
I can relate to this a lot. I've been having some serious problems with my faith. I know God is there, and yet I can't seem to see him anymore.

This is a beautiful poem. I hope you find some release.
Spider chapter 1 . 6/5/2003
God doesn't decide when you die, but he allows it to happen. With sorrow, perhaps. But allow it he does. How can a benevolent God allow evil to exist? Aye, that is the question, isn't it.