Reviews for Of the Fae
the feline punk chapter 1 . 1/12/2004
I have to tell you that I think your work is brilliant. Your method of storytelling is very similar to another great fantasy fiction writer, whom his "dearest friends" simply refer to as Tolkien.
I read your author profile, which said that you were no longer posting your stories on fictionpress! I just joined yesterday, and I already am very upset at this decision.
In any case, Of the Fae is a lovely collection of stories and a fine example of storytelling. Keep up the great work!
Werecat99 chapter 3 . 10/1/2003
Hehe. I really liked this. You always make the difference in perspectives to such delicious little details... Like the part where Adoras was bored and flew off.

And I definitely loved the sarcasm of it. Where other tales would continue with Biarna staying with her family, she was glad to leave them behind, tired by their ignorance.

So much for family values.

A joy to read, as always.

PS

In FFnet, Cat vs Snape updated.
Werecat99 chapter 2 . 6/11/2003
I do not mind sad. I never like happy endings anyway.

Once more I'm amazed with the ease you make up new names and words. I get a headache every time I have to think of one. Sigh...

And yes, that was sad. It made me weep...Immortality has more disadvantages than most people think.

PS

Gingerhead has now his own original story here in FPnet, if you feel like checking it out.
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 6/11/2003
I liked that. It is wild, for lack of a better word. I liked the play of the sounds and the colors and the struggle between the Dark and Light.

It's amazing how a world can change due to a choice...

Thanks for the reviews.
Sosiqui chapter 2 . 6/7/2003
I really liked these. I have a penchant for folktale, fairytale, myth and legend; and these are good ones. They feel realistic, like relics of a real culture. (Then again, aren't they? Who said being alive in the mind of an author didn't count as being real?)

I hope you add to these. I'm currently trying to work out folktales and myths for my own worlds, and I've always found the inspiration of other's work to be a great motivation! (Meaning, to clarify, that seeing other people write well makes my desire to write well increase, not 'inspiration' of the copy-cat sort.)