Reviews for I’m A Prisoner In Guantanamo
iustus chapter 1 . 6/12/2004
So, how are they supposed to be punished? "Oh, hello there -insert name-, I think we'll sentence you to a nice life in a cool, shaded cell with three meals a day, your own toilet and possibly a cell-mate! In fact, we'll even provide you with a clean set of clothes to wear every day, and showers if you want them!" Yeah.. I don't think so...
Good freeverse. I don't partivulary like freeverse but this is a good one meeting almost all standards. :) could use variety, though.
aleppine chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
I liked your poem based mainly on the message, rather than the style istelf.

Oh, look, you seem to have started a discussion forum here ...

On women - the Saudis invent the stupidest laws on Earth and then have the nerve to call it 'Islam'. Being both Arab and Muslim, but also British and female, people like me get fired up about this more than our Western audience.

On some of your other reviewers' commenting that it's just payment/nothing compared to the treatment American POV are getting: well now, just because your enemy mistreats your POVs doesn't mean you should follow the same example. Surely the noble thing to do would be to treat your POVs well and set an example to the idiot others.

On ANYONE who DARED say that those prisoners are lucky they're not getting it worse: I hope you realise some of those prisoners are 14 year old children. Nothing will justify treating people this way without fair international trial, in this case.

On the Australian girl's rant: go you.

Anyway, it's nice to see other Arabs telling their side of the story.
Le Sage chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
wow... straight to the heart huh. they also blind fold over their heads. and these 'prisoners' are real people! this one guy, he was a taxi man in afghanistan. his son was kidnapped one day and taken to camp x. just outta the blue and he stayed there for a year. and then he was released. he didnt do anything. and you know the people in there? some of them are really good muslims. and they are trying to cut their wrists with plastic forks, they are so desperate. knowing the price of suicide, they still try to do it. ... i hope that made sense
HNMN Commander for the Right chapter 1 . 6/29/2003
You have no idea what you are talking about! The prisoners in camp X-ray are staying in a 5 star hotel compared to the way US POWs are treated (and note that the men in Camp X-Ray are not POWs). You're right, they are not treated the way they should be. They should be treated much worse!
Beefy Rae chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
I can't really say my opinion because I really don't have one. I really like your writing, but to be honest, I never read much about the whole issue, It was too confusing and I was always busy. It is depressing that people who are wrongly accused should be treated so unfairly though. I can't really say whether I believe anyone was guilty or not, I like to think the best of people but nowadays I just can't do that as often. So what I'm saying is, nice message, but I don't know enough to have a solid opinion. It was beautiful. Keep writing, screw anyone that says librals suck because they're just a bunch of damn hicks.
broken wings241 chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
Ok, since you don't have an email addy, you flamed me, and I like this poem. I'm going to take this opportunity to firstly, respond to your review and secondly, comment on this poem.

Firstly, you said that my poem was racist. My summary may have been racist (I DON'T CARE) but the poem was not nation specific. Oh, and another point about Saudi Arabia: women are not even allowed to sit in the front seat of a car, let alone drive one as well as the fact that they have to be accompanied by a male relative at all times by law. I'm a Western woman, damn proud of it, and have been putting men in their place since I was around three years old. In my opinion, the afore mentioned government policies are not fair on women, and are a violation of womens rights.

Secondly, on your poem. Yeah, I agree, Camp X is inhumane. Two fellow Aussies (I'm Australian and damn proud of it mate) are being held their for crimes they probably didn't even commit, without the opportunity to utilise their rights to legal representation and a speedy and fair trial.

But I do support the other side. They may have been wrong, but George W Bush is probably the biggest asshole on the planet, and America needs a kick in the balls. America thinks they own the internet, America thinks they can do anything, opress anyone, screw any poor nation in the world out of as much money as it likes, and no one is gonna care. Well good for a America. As the Americans say: Payback's A Bitch!
Zainab chapter 1 . 6/14/2003
yes, i agree w/ ur author's note. same thing with the death penalty and prison...it makes no sense. i think the death penalty should be abolished personally. but some prisons allow the prisoners to work out and junk. but why? they'll get stronger and then escape, and then do whatever else more. i don't know, it's screwed up. this world is screwed up. society is only going downhill. your poem, however, is not screwed up. it's very true. human nature is a terrible thing ~sigh~
Syth Colbalt chapter 1 . 6/13/2003
Hmm. Some words you repeated too many times, like "sun" & "man" and that got on my nerves. No offense, but it was okay.
Savak chapter 1 . 6/12/2003
A true testament to what I always say: Every story has two sides, and generally we only hear one. I don't sympathize with Al-Qaida criminals (I never sympathize with the religious extremists), but we need to question whether or not we have the right to treat humans like cattle.

Cool poem, by the by. ::wink:: Your name looks very familiar, too...
Rose Dark Thorn chapter 1 . 6/11/2003
This is a very good imagery. I could imagine how dark and gloomy the camp was and how inhuman they must've been. It reminds me of the Halacaust.
not sure yet chapter 1 . 6/10/2003
interesting and very sad, but then again the actions to take also affects how your going to live your life later on, while they may not exactly deserve to be treated worse then shit, they also dont really deserve too much sympathy either, good poem though, nicely done
Faewyn chapter 1 . 6/10/2003
Very good poem, and it's true. Don't listen to Red Phantom. He's just one of many who refuse to see what's really going on.
Moril chapter 1 . 6/10/2003
Very true.

I like your politics and poetry.
CancerianQueen chapter 1 . 6/9/2003
This is so true and it's just wrong (not your poem, the stuff that happens). It's so cruel. So is the people who suffer in Ethiopia. I watched a tape of it today, it is soo sad.

Wow! You write a lot of poems! :) Good job, I love them! :)

Keep writing,

Vnomi. ;)
Red Phantom chapter 1 . 6/9/2003
I don't know what kind of liberal you are but those people are damn lucky that we are humane as we are to them...any other country on earth would do much worse...that includes how they treat our prisonors of war...so why don't you stop being a treasonous bastard...Horribly poem.