Reviews for A New Life
M.Bianca chapter 9 . 3/22/2008
honestly, I've never read something like this. the plot I mean. You should finish it!
Loralak chapter 9 . 6/27/2005
Excellent chappie once again! And what a surprise at the new character, Charles. Oh my. Can't wait for more!
Alexis Kent chapter 5 . 6/27/2005
Constance is rather annoying in this chapter-"What kind of excuse did he have this time?" She seems to me very selfish, concerned only about her own problems when actually she has it good. Everyone is still babying her, acting as if Mr. Wright is the worst possible fate in the world. Shouldn't they be a little less concerned, considering she's obviously not the first person to be "ruined" so to speak? Just a thought.
Alexis Kent chapter 3 . 6/27/2005
Another good chapter, though there are a few things I'd like to point out.

Everyone acts just a tad bit too sympathetic and shocked when Constance says that her parents are dead. In that day and age, you'd very rarely find a prostitute who wasn't orphaned. So if all of the women themselves had no parents, why would they think much of it when Constance suffered the same?

This is a very delicate subject, I understand, but if you plan on writing a story set in such a place, you might want to try doing more research on the matter. Typically, in brothels, girls wouldn't get shipped off to the countryside to give birth. Their children would be aborted, and occasionally they would have operations to prevent any such thing from happening again. I know Ellie's place could be the exception, but once again the harsh realities of that profession have been greatly muted in this story.
Alexis Kent chapter 2 . 6/27/2005
Very interesting so far. Just a question though-in that time period, wasn't 16 a little old to be even considered for an orphanage? From what I understand of my own family history, mostly orphans would be on their own at that age. The workers at this lovely little "establishment" seem a bit too sweet and sincere. I know that not everyone in such an industry has to be hardened and spiteful, but they seem far too innocent for their profession. Ellie's comment about saving Constance from such an "awful fate" seems a bit misplaced. I mean, the woman runs a brothel-why would she be concerned over this newcomers fate any more than any other innocent woman who has walked through the doors?Mr. Wright seems a bit cliched. It seems that in every story where there's a ladies man or whatnot, they always have the mustache, long hair, and foul breath. Is the foul breath and disgusting demeanor quite necessary? Just a thought. _

Anyways, I look forward to seeing how this plays out.
Loralak chapter 8 . 6/23/2005
What an excellent story so far! I love your description of Jonathan and I think he is simply divine. I can't wait till the next chapter comes out. I want to know what's going to happen next! (What! ! Yes! Jonathan! Constance! Forever! )
cathrine face chapter 8 . 6/22/2005
I love this story. I'm so glad i found it! I hope you update often. Great chracters and great writting.
KAC chapter 8 . 6/17/2005
ack mr. wright dude reminds me somewht of mr chillingworth from Scarlet Letter, sneaky serpents...anyways..

Just started reading your story & think its really cool. Keep up the awesome work- plz :-D
Kate chapter 8 . 6/16/2005
This is the first story that I've really enjoyed reading at in a long time. I truly hope you find the time to update and complete it because I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the story and finding out the ending!
Em Crosthwaite chapter 7 . 10/10/2004
I was wondering if you were going to continue this story. It's really interesting, and it would be a shame to not see it finished. I hope you do continue it!
Shelly chapter 7 . 4/11/2004
Well, I finally read this story and I have to say that I like it. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Maibe Josie chapter 7 . 3/24/2004
I don't know what it is about this story but I'm drug in...I'm in love with this story. I really don't like Jonathon actually taking 's offer, although I guess he kinda doesn't have a choice, if he wants a business to succeed than he has to do what ever's possible
Em Crosthwaite chapter 8 . 3/20/2004
I really hope you update this, it would be a shame if you didn't, because I really love this story!
Pennsylvania6-5000 chapter 8 . 9/6/2003
I love love love this story! Please hurry and start writing again!
Vie D chapter 6 . 7/19/2003
wonderful wonderful-now i have 3 stories to bug you about

anyways write more, Savvy? ok i admit it, i think of ways to use that word-but i love it, savvy? savvy? savvy?

teehee