Reviews for The Big Oak Tree
gargeera chapter 1 . 5/5/2005
associating seasons with moods and states ... i like that!i once had 2 write a paper on seasons nd their relation with the events in a french book... it sure stirs ur thoughts more and deeply captures you in the feeling the author is experiencing.. the poem is sad and moving though...i have my oak tree too...it's somewhere in heliopolis... u reminded me ... i wana go nd retrieve those sweet memories too..thnks for reminding me of the beauty of a moment...
iustus chapter 1 . 6/12/2004
Very well structured, almost-great rhyming. It's just that damned vocabulary. You need to get a thesaurus, look up all the words you have to use repeditively and... use different ones. But, bravo, this is a great one.
laerai chapter 1 . 6/9/2004
Wonderfully sad. Especially the last bit. I like the imagry. Comparing the before and afters. I'd love to see a more structured rhyme from this.
trashCAN chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
Oh, this is truly very sad and depressing. Yet still riveting and beautiful. I love your writing style, your analogies, how you look deeper. You are turly a wonderful writer.
Light in my eyes chapter 1 . 12/17/2003
Clap Clap Clap.
Marvelous.
The Wanlorn chapter 1 . 6/15/2003
Ack! That was an unexpected end! I liked it, though. Even though it did give me 'A Separate Peace' flashbacks...

~~Nire the Evil~~
Zainab chapter 1 . 6/14/2003
such a sad ending. but beautifully written nonetheless. i like the style. you're a good writer
Seishinseii chapter 1 . 6/14/2003
Well, that was a bit... nice. Yeah, i think nice is the word i'm lookin' for... .

)Love Ya, Seishinseii
Syth Colbalt chapter 1 . 6/13/2003
WA! OMGOSH! IT'S TOO SAD! But I like it. You did very well.
floconfettis chapter 1 . 6/12/2003
It's soo sad ! I was stunned when I read the last sentence... *cry*

This Big Oak Tree holds such sad memories...

Great poem !

~~ KaWaii ~~
CancerianQueen chapter 1 . 6/12/2003
Oh my god, that's sad. That is such a... what can I say? A surprise? It's nearly made me cry. Well done on a fantastic piece! :)

Luv, Vnomi. ;)
not sure yet chapter 1 . 6/11/2003
pretty and sad, a bit haunting as well, oak trees are pretty and the whole idea is very sad, love it, excellent job
Ixyavi chapter 1 . 6/11/2003
Very sad but very sweet at the same time. You convey great memories in this poem.
cosmo-queen chapter 1 . 6/11/2003
Very good poem, the ending was excellent, a great twist. I loved the idea of the poem, something that many people would be able to relate to. Good job, keep writing :)

*cosmo-queen*
RNL chapter 1 . 6/11/2003
wow...great poem...you have a talent, and this kinda poem is particularly good. So...personal, and deep.

Love it!