Reviews for Inquiries into Insanity
Lauranthalsala chapter 2 . 4/11/2009
That was INTENSE.

I can't believe you wrote that for school-High School?

If only I was so talented... -sigh-

You're amazing, it was so... amazing :)
Chiclets chapter 5 . 10/23/2006
...They are all so...well, ::laugh:: Inquiries into Insanity is a fitting title. They are...disturbing, and I like them...wonder what that says for me...oh dear...

You are a very good writer. Keep up the good work. ::thumbs up::
luv me like no other chapter 5 . 8/16/2006
These pieces are truly beautiful. I really enjoyed reading them, and I find them so creative.
thetulipconspiracy chapter 5 . 4/18/2006
Gosh, where to start?

I found this story randomly, and I'm glad I did.

I adored this piece, maybe that's my joy of finding something that isn't an angsty teen romance/drama speaking, but I truly enjoyed reading this.

I'm a fan of short stories being connected through a common theme and I was happily surprised when I stumbled across this.

Shades of Gray was probably my most favorite out of all of them, but I liked how you phrased them all differently so that they might adhere to the character more. Naturally, it gives us more insight into their particular form of insanity, and I loved that dynamic. The stream of conscience style of writing in Grocery List let us know that he was still, in fact, crazy. Also, in Pretend, the little girl's rambling imagination that ultimately leads her jumping off the balcony was a nice touch.

Over all, I was immensely entertained by this series. :) Lovely job!

Lauren
suMmeRrlOVing143 chapter 5 . 7/8/2005
I loved it )
suMmeRrlOVing143 chapter 2 . 7/8/2005
Wow. Your work is amazing. I am not usually into this stuff but it is really amazing.
Kendal chapter 5 . 10/22/2003
Kae, these are amazing. :)

Sorry, I'm a little slow on the uptake and haven't really been using the computer since January (evil computers in Europe make it difficult) and then when I started to... Eh, whatever.

Anyway, moving on. I'm undecided as to whether Grocery List or Another Shade of Gray is my favorite. The last line in Another Shade of Gray is killer. I love the twists at the end and the imagery is fabulous.

Beautifully done. :)
Cianna Greenwood chapter 5 . 7/22/2003
Very well done. I especially liked Pretend. Unlike the previous reviewer, I can very easily imagine a 14 year old seeming so juvenile. Kind of like me, actually. My parents say i have the mentality of some 18-25, but my emotional level is considerably younger. I blame that on my constant control over myself as a child. But whatever, that's not what's at discussion right now. These are great stories. I can't wait for more. _ Keep writing.
the infamous darkportal chapter 4 . 6/21/2003
OK...

First of all, I know I'm not nearly well-versed in literature as I should be to properly critique this, and in any case anything I write is probably more my opinion than anything that can be taken seriously. And, read the minibook first, as I do extend a few spoilers in this review.

This stuff is really, really good. I envy the author, because I know right now I couldn't write something that good if I tried (and I have). The first story ("Hero") is my personal favorite, as everything about it is done to a high standard of writing aesthetics and quality. Word choice, pacing, perspective-all that jazz- is done extremely well. I did note one spelling error: "metal of honor" should be "medal of honor", but otherwise I say "job well done!", along with a hearty applause.

The second story ("Pretend") is also good, however I felt slightly shocked to learn the girl-the main character-was 14. I pictured someone considerably younger (like nine, maybe). I was lead to this mainly by the word choice, which felt far more juvenile than what was appropriate for a mid-aged teen. I loved the part where the actual jump was described; it lends itself as a textual equivalent to the freeze scenes in The Matrix, temporarily locking the reader inches above the waterline. Again, very very nice reading.

The third story ("Grocery List") is also good, although it would seem to me the appreciation of this chapter would vary greatly based on what the reader finds most pleasurable. I find passages where the train of thought is broken to be slightly unnerving and even a bit counteractive to the enjoyability of a piece, but again, that is strictly my tastes. However, in that same sense this story properly put me in the right mindset for someone who would have gone mental-apparently for reasons connected with suicide and kleptomania-as it almost made me feel like the main character's narration is an actually a dialogue from my own mind. Again, well done.

As I have nothing else to say, I will close this as "Hero" ended: Fin.
notyourstar chapter 3 . 6/13/2003
These are excellent. Your writing style drips with casual elegance, in a way that is perfectly suited to the subject matter.

I'm trying to think of some constructive crit, in order to make this a well-balanced review, but I can't think of any.

I can't wait to read the other stories.