Reviews for Thoughts on why i am not Catholic and more
me chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
Selfrighteous crap!
breakdown in the waiting room chapter 1 . 11/12/2003
"'I love me too and that was his choice I wasn't there."

GREAT LINE.

Thanks for your reviews of my poems Once Again and Worthy of Words :)

Back to your poem. I love this. You capture my sentiment exactly and have such a wonderful gift for description. There were some grammatical errors and a few word choices I felt were off (such as "delete" in the second to last line). But other than that, wonderful. :)

"If god is good ? then why is there still hunger

If he loves us then why must children suffer

'You know the worst thing, About being catholic' I say

'Is apologizing for living from birth until decay'

If he gave me life then why must I beg to keep it?

If I am based on him, then why do I sin ?

If he controls my thoughts, then he can stop what I am thinking

If he is every where. where was he when I dying ?

If he is love ,then he loves poor children crying"

I don't know if you were ever told this, but I was told (by a Bishop) that there is suffering to atone for our sins. *scoffs* Like Melissa Etheridige said in Silent Legacy: anything to "keep you humble, keep you low. . ."

Buddhism, huh? I've always been fascinated by Buddhism, such an interesting and peaceful religion. I wish you all the best :)

Oh, one more thing- in your review of Once Again, about the crucifix. . .I found a quote from Lenny Bruce you might find amusing on the subject:

"If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses."

*giggles* Lovely work, this poem. You're now on my faves :)

-Blessed Be and Merry Part,

Jessica
LiquidGenesis chapter 1 . 9/30/2003
I understand this poem, on many levels, both from personal experience and from friends whose religion differs from the 'community norm'. The way you wrote it was great and the conversational pieces added a real impace to it, in a sense giving the two sides a life of their own. Thank you for sharing this, it means a lot.

Bless.
pleasecometrue chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
i like this, great poem!
karmakaze chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
I think it's very brave of you to stand up for your beliefs, and to have been able to find the right path for yourself, as a Buddhist. I can't believe the bishop said that about your religion, though. Still, I guess you have to realize that he just doesn't understand you, and he really is trying to help. This isn't to say that he's right, but I'm just saying that many people won't understand, but try not to become angry, just explain to them what appeals to you about your new faith.
mmoonsshiner chapter 1 . 6/18/2003
HI its mee..Nat nd u kno what i hate? when people sign my stories but they have no work for me to reply to especially when i have a hot piece of my mind to share.

ne ways

thanks 4 the the rest of the migraine series.

Nat
cooldas chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
God doesn't control your thoughts. He lets you and others make their own decisions...everybody suffers because of sin and bad decisions...don't blame it on God...maybe you should have tried a different branch of Christianity before you tried a new religion..? He is everywhere, but you have to accept him...and for the hungry people, you can try to help them and stuff...
Strina chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
I thought your reply to the "Jesus loves you" thing was brilliant. Good poem.
lita chapter 1 . 6/15/2003
well nat! that was interesting! ; its nice to hear what a non-catholic person thinks. i really like the last line tho..too sleepy to go into details