Reviews for child soldier
gram chapter 1 . 9/17/2003
disagree w/ comment in reviews about us being only country not to sign against "child soldiers"-18 year olds aren't, (in the same sense), "children"-this poem should be dedicated to the stolen lives of the child-soldiers of Sierra Leonne, in Africa. Stolen, beaten,hooked on cocaine, trained to kill...dreaming of mommy, no going back...or forward anywhere but into the land of death. wonderful writing, , dark, awful subject and awareness.
Kesshi Mashin chapter 1 . 6/26/2003
So well written, so touching, so sad...
obsidian katana chapter 1 . 6/25/2003
wow...awesome piece! wonderfully written, very sad. a beautiful piece though, and the italicized lines work well with the poem. i like this a lot. great job! keep on writing!
serasivad chapter 1 . 6/21/2003
Beautiful poem. You captured the essence of the subject very gracefully.

Doesn't it kill you that the United States is the ONLY country not to sign the ban on child soldiers? Makes me sick to my stomach I swear it does.
Lux's Confusion chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
people tend to forget the personal horrors of war and destruction and mayhem. but i think you captured it respectfully and with heart. whitch is the best kind. amazing how you could put yourself in such a hell to spread the truth of it all. respect my friend.

Jasmine
Keep it 100 chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
This really played on my heart. It is horrible that such things happen.

Heart of the Sword
Miamouse chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
Amazing. So dramatic, which the subject deserves. I particularly like the lines "can't remember mama's name" it's just so powerful.

Mia :)
MistrissD chapter 1 . 6/15/2003
The sickness in how true this is, is just awful, you portrayed these actual events so incredibly well, such a visual is embedded within this, you captured such a point not many think of, its so amazing and so true, so much props to you for giving awareness to a cause such as this