Reviews for Ode to BS Reviewers
E. Hisifithith chapter 1 . 1/6/2004
Huh. I'm having a hard time with this. I can see where your coming from, but I don't think that it's totally fair to say that people who leave nice reviews are just trying to get people to review them. Yes, there are some people out there who do that, but I think that the majority of reviewers have good intentions.
There are a few spots where I think you should have put a comma.
"Hurry now, I said the key words"
I liked the part where you said don't do this... ect. I think you should have gone on a little bit more with that. Well, keep on writing!
E. Hisifithith
Lauren K chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
yes! I wrote a poem called "False Flattery" on this...I saw the title and immediately went because it's like...the same idea. I like the sarcasm and all the "don'ts" amusing and true. I like giving reviews saying "improve by.." but this is just a short little "urgh this is annoying" so I don't know how to improve it. People thought that my poem was really offensive, or at least one did, because I admitted that poems can be BAD gasp! Like that isn't true. Also no one liked it cause it's basically an essay in poem format. Anyway, I'm glad SOMEONE agrees with me-I do actually like this!
~Kiara
tofujunky chapter 1 . 8/30/2003
Whoa, that's a little harsh.

My thoughts on your thoughts:

Is it wrong to express an honest opinion about a poem without giving any constructive criticism? Absolutely not! If I enjoy a poem, I would tell the author just that. I like to read good poetry, plain and simple. If I wanted to correct papers, then I would become a teacher. I do try to point out the obvious grammar problems, forced rhymes, etc. But I wouldn't even bother leaving a review if the piece completely sucks. What if the work happens to be perfectly flawless? Should I not leave them a review because I can't find something wrong with it? No, writers deserve an truthful opinion with or without critique.

You know who the real fucked up reviewers are? It's the people who goes around writing "you're a really good writer. If you want, you should review my poems. I suggest "blah","blah",and "blah". I was furious when I found out that he/she wrote that on everyone's poems. Now that's BULLSHIT!

About your poem:

You expressed your frustration very well. I liked the sincerity of the poem, which brought both humor and seriousness. I really want to say "good job", but I don't want to be despised for it.
la JazzFish chapter 1 . 7/30/2003
::glomp:: I love you. (whoo, how's that for a meaningful review? XD )

Seriously, though, I hate that.

A punctuation error:

"Hurry now, I said the key words!"

(you missed the comma)

It seems like it should rhyme at the beginning since it does in the end, but that's not a huge deal.

Kudos, definately kudos.

JAZ

(and her red correcting pen of DOOM!)
bex321 chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
muah! i totally understand. i always review with whole paragraphs, optional flames, but then someone comes along and reviews, and when i find out they reviewed, of course i'm THRILLED but only to see, "it's strong." Like ouch. But steam, steam is good. You have effective steam. Good karma, yes it works.
Maelan Peredhil chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
Nice, and I agree. What annoys me even more though, is when they continually use abbreviatons: I luv U! U updated! OMG, that's gr8! That is even less than praise, it's... Well, I can't say that. :)

I liked the line 'Spread on the bullshit nice and thick'. It really sums it up nicely.

'You selfish little fool' was a good line, but it seemed a bit too abrupt, I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just me.

Frankly, I try to put what I think in reviews, but sometimes I DO get lazy, and come out with the form ones.

Nice poem!

Maelan Elrohiriel Peredhil
Namir Swiftpaw chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
I agree with you completely! I say I will review them if I get a review, but most of the time I don't, because either I am too busy to dit down and write a constructive review or I really just don't want to because they put no thought into their review.

I thrive on critique - it is my life blood. It's nice to see someone who feels the same way! Yes, good reviews are nice, but when you get two pages of reviews of "omg liek, this is so good u should be publishd!" it gets annoying. o_o

About your poem - it is a rant more of a poem, really. The form is poetic, but it didn't sound like a poem when I read it - more like you screaming. But hey, we all need a release. I do really like the meaning, and I shall add it to my favorites because I, too, hate bullshit.

You might want to take that word out of the title though, because will nail you for it (they'll remove the story...they did it to me and froze my account for a week -_-).

Anyway, keep writing! Good point.

~Namir Swiftpaw