Reviews for The Potter and His Clay
PsychoticAngel777 chapter 1 . 1/8/2004
WOW!
I wish I could write like you...your poetry is awesome! Keep it up!

God Bless
-Kitten
aPPle-FrrEAk chapter 1 . 10/18/2003
Hey~ I read your poems and I was wondering what draft of your poem you usually post. It seems like your posting a third or fourth draft which sometimes loses it's *punch*. I've learned that if you are truly gifted (which I believe you are) then your first draft is second best, second draft is usually the best, and third (as long as it's not just grammar mistakes) and fourth (etc) aren't as powerful because it's not your inner mind's thoughts anymore, it's just word scrambles. If you are using your first or second draft then I appauld you for trying your hardest...a definete 9.2. If this is your third (or more) draft then I highly recommend doing less revising and just posting your "bare thoughts". If you're worried about punctuation, most computer writing programs have a SpellCheck and a GrammarCheck... an 8.1. Happy Happenings!
Anagronax chapter 1 . 8/9/2003
Wow! Schnazzy! Can't really find much to critisize (sp?) about...
Katrina Barnett chapter 1 . 7/30/2003
Oh, this poem is very pretty, it reads like a song, farthest thing from choppy. I enjoyed it.
Blissfully Unaware chapter 1 . 7/15/2003
That was awesome! Now I'm going to check out your other works!
QueenOfTheUniverse chapter 1 . 7/9/2003
wow! That is beautiful! I used to dable in clay a bit when I was younger, and you captured it all perfectly! I can picture everything you wrote in my head! Nice work!
Kassio chapter 1 . 7/2/2003
I loved this poem, It's really well written. thanks for reviewing mine!

And the answer to the question you left that it was writin all in general!

~~Kassio~~
Daughter of the Wind chapter 1 . 6/19/2003
This is so good! Thanx for reviewing my poem! -

*~Daughter of the Wind*~
SelfProclaimedGenius chapter 1 . 6/18/2003
Hey thank you… I just read a good deal of your work and I must say that you are very talented. I love the opening and ending stanzas of “The Potter and His Clay” very moving this poem like a testament to creation. Your vocabulary astounds me… you are truly a master of words… thank you for your kindly review!
Ubercookie Yumi chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
OOh, makes me think of Art class, and pottery was fuun! _ Good writing. Thanks a bunch for reviwing mine!
AndaM chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
I loved this poem! It was very well written. I especially liked the line "The raw passions of the artist, emphasized" - For some reason, that line just speaks to me. Excellent poem.
Matt5 chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
An excellent poem. very clever comparisons, especially

"in caring hands, without flaw

a child first beheld, in honored father's grip"

I thought those two lines in particular were VERY well written, much higher quality than i could hope to acheive. i agree with brooke that the ryhme scheme was a little broken in places, but i also think that if you tried to change it the poem would sound strained. Great work. perhaps you could read my short story "hope," i think it's my best work to date but i'd like some input.
lostinscotland chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
oh, i like that. good concept there, nice wording. the rhythm seems to drag out a bit in places, but then, i'm hard to please when it comes to that.

um...hope that's explained WHY i like it, as you request we tell you, but i'm not so great at reviewing poetry. sorry.
quadellic chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
the use the word 'breast' in the Bible don't they? I don't see many mothers saying to their kids that they can't read it because of that! lol!

~Quadellic~

(the author)
Angelic Wings chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
DAMN YOU! YOU TOOK ONE OF THE GREATEST IDEAS IN THE WORLD! *collapses in tears because you took a good idea that she could have used*

WAH!

Umm..because of the word 'breast' I think you should put it PG.

Damn you again~YOU TOOK THE IDEA AND MADE IT INTO SUCH A GOOD POEM!