Reviews for In Our Sleep
Sadomechanism chapter 1 . 7/29/2003
"what is the link between these crafts? / doctors and thieves, they both wear masks / overpaid meat magicians" - life is killing me, by type o negative.

paradise is inhuman. we are incapable of concieving the truth of paradise; we are human, and therefore, limited to ration and basicness. the paradise you speak of (if there is even such a thing as paradise) is surely the end we are doomed for, given our inability to discern paradise from paradox.

ah, now that im done ranting about philosophies... excellent poem. very reflective of what the normal person experiences through life. that person would undoubtedly wonder what channel heaven was on, switching between it and various soap operas as the hospital cot they lied in slowly devoured them.
She'sGone chapter 1 . 7/13/2003
woah, I really enjoyed this, and no, i wanst offeneded at all. I really liked the meaning to this
aintawoman chapter 1 . 7/6/2003
first- mr. gylenhall [or however you spell it] is unreasonably attractive.

secondly- this reminds me of a very badly needed cigarette. which is a good thing... if you consider myopia a good thing.

bravo.
Obaba chapter 1 . 7/1/2003
I don't know Donnie Darko~~. 10 more(poems)!

The second stanza is great. Buildings are empty unless someone's in there(even though someone lives there). And then the fourth stanza. Kill the eyes and kill the ears. It's so sad that people not even a third of our age lies.

How Paradise is written as a place not too different from life as it is now.

And I am not an Obaba~~ I am a... What am I? Weirdo~~!
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 6/25/2003
Well, I don't quite understand the last stanza but I loved the line "lies spilling from the/mouths of children". The whole poem was oh so very quietly sinister. Well done for giving me the tingles..

Keep writing! Peace ~~
Paradoxical Goddess chapter 1 . 6/24/2003
wah! *huggles*

put this on lostgeneration!
lindsay chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
ah wow...

much angrier than any of your other poems, but still so well done...I love the part about the abandoned building, how Earth is not Hell, and the repetition of "kill your..."

very well done!
Scars of Fantasy chapter 1 . 6/19/2003
beautifully morbid. (*claps*)
Split Ends chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
Ah. Your wordings and the ideas, killing the TV and the brain and how that links up so, so nicely. Just *dead* now, that's me.

Registration for Paradise? You need an encore here. :)