Reviews for Payback's A Bitch It's Your United States
Xephon chapter 1 . 5/1/2004
[sarcasm] Yes, and the rest of the world hasn't done crap because they're made of sweet candy and do only good and everything is America's fault.[/sarcasm]
Oh how the world is ungrateful.
Mbwun chapter 1 . 10/26/2003
So what has Australia been doing that's so great? If it weren't for us, you'd've been subjugated by the Japanese in WW2.

They say that there's a special circle of hell reserved for traitors. I personnally don't believe in hell, but if there is one, I hope that little bit's true.

Because like you said-payback's a bitch. As everyone who owes the U.S. so much will someday find out.

~He Who Walks On All Fours
wolfcat165 chapter 1 . 9/26/2003
"paychecks a bitch"? I think you're a bitch! You don't even live in America and yet you're passing judgement on it as if you live on the presidents front step. Get a life! :p
Cordelia Riordan chapter 1 . 7/10/2003
I completely agree with that poem, and have been thinking the same thing for a while now, despite the fact that I'm American. I'm not going to be for the rest of my life, however, as I'm going to get out of such a hypocritical country as soon as I can. But I can relate to the poem, as I think the same way. Keep up the good work. And btw: on your bio it says that romantics get freaked out by your angsty poems. I ain't freaked out because I'm both a romantic (cynical romantic) and very very depressed/ing. Read my poetry sometime and review, please. But I'm into tragic romance, because that's the way the world is. Happiness doesn't last forever, though some people think it does for some reason.
Inoperative chapter 1 . 7/6/2003
amen to that! ok (if only this were a forum, we could get some good debates going)

hnmn: you'll probably never read this, but i have to say i agree with serasivad. and calling somone a fucking idiot is really only demonstrating your imaturity...

dude, great poem, absolutely loved it...it rocked *praise here*

well i'm done...
torrence chapter 1 . 7/2/2003
A lot of people have stopped thinking like this, following whomever is their leader blindly, ignorantly. I think this kind of point of view (well, I guess esp. within the States itself) needs to surface and make itself heard. I mean, 70% of the people approved of the war in Iraq. It wasn't "political action"-it was war. Well written stuff w/ good rhythm.

May I suggest two other poems? "I am Waiting", by Ferlinghetti, and some of Ginsberg's stuff.
serasivad chapter 1 . 6/30/2003
A work mi Amigo!

And yes, payback is a bitch. I mean, 9/11 was payback.

Even though you are getting flammed left and right, I believe that all the people who are doing this are obviously un-american. If it stands for 'freedom of speech'
HNMN Commander for the Right chapter 1 . 6/29/2003
You stupid FUCKING IDIOT...First I would like to say...you suck...next, as much as I hate to admit it, this was well written...but the fact remains that you are a idiot. You have no idea what America has done. Ask the Somolians, or the Bosnians, or now the Iraqis...Just because your country is to much of a coward to stand up and make the world a better place doesn't mean you should curse America.
Moril chapter 1 . 6/28/2003
I like it - I'd like to see what I could do with a tune for it. It seems like a good song - all it needs is a bit of distortion guitar and there you go! :-)

Anyway, this is very good. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a lot of flames in the future...
lighted eagle chapter 1 . 6/24/2003
oh lok, you now, when making a controversal (spelling?) political statement (especially one that is dissing the U.S.) you get reviews really quickly... just a thought...*bounces out* *bounces in* bounces out* *bounces in* *bounces out*
pax driver chapter 1 . 6/22/2003
the only end i see will be themselves becoming destroyed by their own devices, such as the ghettos where racist police get the black community's meager income taxed. US's payback will be a revolution, but from the inside, the only group or people strong enough to take them down is themselves, and they're well on their way that's for sure. god i love this poem/song lol sry, ir's really really really really really really good though melikes. work harder! ... if you want, you know whatever i like reading it
someonelse chapter 1 . 6/18/2003
hey i like this. it has a lot of strong emotion and i agree with a lot of it... i really like :"You hate the homeless and the poor And may the stars and stripes Burn to ash forevermore" i know it's just because it does show a lot of emotion and people do try to do stupid stuff. literally i mean a couple of years ago they tried to close down all the shelters. they also tried to put on fakefronts so that people "wouldn't" see how bad it was getting... "But your politics are sordid Your war is illegal And your fantasies are morbid" true. but some of the politics are much worse than what's open...

yeah thanks for listening to me ramble. kudos again and keep writing.)
chocoholic chapter 1 . 6/18/2003
I gotta say I agree with some of the sentiments here. But (HERE we go) a couple of points...

1. I think this might have been better in the Song section. I mean 'cos it's got a great rythem but isn't in a form that works well for poetry. And because the end and most of the rest of the poem really reminded me of that "One, Two, Three, what are we fighting for" anti-vietnam song. That's a compliment, honest!

2. If you look at countries on a political leval, you'll find you hate most of them. If you're like me anyway. Like look at Liverpool: the beatles are from there, but they were founded on the slave trade (Liverpool, not the beatles)!

3. *wuss voice* It's weally, weally mean!

Good job I like meaness towards the US regime.

Y'know what they need? A band like the Sex Pistols to really shake them up a bit! You could write the songs!

*Goes away to sell idea illegally to EMI*
jkhdasfkjhalshfdkljahdf chapter 1 . 6/18/2003
True, True. Bravo! I like it.
lili brik chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
"The man who wrote the famous words That all men should be free Was a keeper of slaves The first American hypocrisy"...yeah, that's one of my favorite "American hypocrises"...one committed by our lofty Founding Fathers. Many good ideas in this poem...