Reviews for Be
Mage LeeBee chapter 1 . 7/13/2003
Some people say, "There is a time and a place for everything", and I claim to be one of them, not because everyone else says it, but because I believe it is true. I'm not saying I'm right, but that is what I believe. "Yes", I hear some argue, "but that is because everyone else says it, that is why you accept it as a truth". That implies that I am without thought, and blindly follow the masses ... I resent that, I have thought about it, and that is my own conclusion. Do not simply dismiss what everyone else does because you do not agree with it, we are all part of a society, like it or not, that is simply a fact ... I do not restrict anyones freedom to dream or choose, in fact I encourage it, with all that I am I believe we all have this right, but I do not understand how some completely reject societal norms. What we do DOES affect others, whether we think it does or not, and while I say you have the right to do what you want, say what you want, so does everyone else ... and it does not make their way of doing or saying any less valid than yours. Another saying is, "Grant me the strength to change the things I can, the serenity to accept the things I can't, and the wisdom to know the difference". Society has to create rules and boundaries in order to function ... this is also a fact ... without these we have anarchy, survival of the strongest ... the ideal dream of some ... but hardly an ideal world to live in ... I am not trying to enter into a theological discussion here, so I'll stop now. All I am saying, is that we need to find our way in the world, and to do so, we need to understand the way the world works ... this does require us to touch it, not turn our back on it because we don't understand it or like it. Understanding how the world works, gives you the knowledge to weave your own path through it. I see strength of spirit in you, and I know that you will find you way ... you may not always think so now, but your words betray your inner strength, and you will find your way ... Learn strength, learn serenity and learn wisdom ... have a great life !
Iammealso-JC chapter 1 . 7/7/2003
I like it. I love it.
lighted eagle chapter 1 . 6/23/2003
dude, format it or something! it's hard to read...but other then that i love it! it rocks, yada yada ya...all normal stuff here...i'll come back and review again later, i'm in a rush...yada yada ya, you'll have to use your imagination till then, or you know i could always tell you over the phone...eh anywho...umm, i'm gonna go, because this is turning into a paragraph...and we don't want that, so yeah i'm gonna go like now...ok going...*get's kicked out of door* *leaves*
chocoholic chapter 1 . 6/22/2003
Too true. I hate all the restrictions put upon me by society and ESPECIALLY education which is supposed to be the bringing about of truth and freedom. Your writing is good and some of your metaphors are great, they really stick in your mind. Especially: "So today Miss Today Sir Could we just sit and listen? Listen to life?" sounds like a lyric.

The only thing is it's kinda hard to read. Or maybe that was intentional, with the whole learning in my own way theme going on. It would work; if it weren't for tiny, tiny font! *grr*
cosmo-queen chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I have often thought the same things you mention here and as I read through your poem, I found myself agreeing with more and more of it. The only thing I'd suggest would be to break up the paragraph into smaller parts. Besides that, excellent work, excellent points, excellent message, keep writing :)

*cosmo-queen*