Reviews for Gay Rights
Phoenix Ignition chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
You make some good points, but you fall into the same trap that nearly everyone else falls into. Saying a gay man and a gay man cannot marry is necessarily not discrimination, because it does not necessarily have anything to do with who they are. It is what they are doing. Saying a gay man cannot marry a woman because he is gay would be discrimination. So far, no one is preventing gays from marrying, only from redefining marriage.

For the record, I am neutral on this issue. I am only here to represent the dictionary.
Emian chapter 1 . 12/24/2003
What you say in your essay is true. Especially the part saying gay couples should be able to adopt children. The people who shouldn't be allowed to adopt are the ones who abuse kids.
C Shot chapter 1 . 6/27/2003
Have you ever been hit on by a gay? I dont think so... its the most f*cking odd thing that has ever happened to me. I admit that I am very anti-gay, but I wont go as far as 'What?' and say they dotn deserves rights. Sure they deserve rights according to the constition, but as a christian I frown upon homosexuality just as much as mruder, afte rall a sin is a sin...

C Shot
giygas666 chapter 1 . 6/25/2003
This was a very well-written essay. I totally agree with you, and I'm sure many others feel the same way. The persecution that homosexuals and bisexuals endure in this country and all over the world is unjustified and inhumane. It's been established in many studies that kids raised in same-sex households do very well compared to other kids, and there is no reason to deny homosexuals the right to raise children. Furthermore, a same sex-romance is just as valid as a heterosexual romance; therefore there is no reason to deny recognition to same-sex unions. Vermont is only the beginning, so there's hope yet!
Cerulean Dawn chapter 1 . 6/25/2003
I'm not gay. I don't plan on being gay. But, I must say, nothing annoys me more than people telling other people what to do in their own lives. People choose what clothes they wear and what food they eat. Food and clothing are choices. So is sexuality. It's a fundamental choice, and no one has the right to speak against it. No one has any more right to tell a gay person to be heterosexual than does anyone to tell a heterosexual to be gay.

As for the child thing, I'd rather see two loving gay parents than just one straight one who may or may not give any sort of damn.
Adia chapter 1 . 6/22/2003
You ought to get a good mark on this, and I hope you do. I've read lots of stuff on the struggle for gay and lesbian rights, and I can tell this was well-researched and given much though. Nice work.
rosepetal1077 chapter 1 . 6/22/2003
this is a subject as a bi person i am very passionate about... and even if i wasnt i would have the same beliefs! i have had to see and to deal with a lot of crap because people are ignorant, such as 'What?' i think hes werid! the us needs to be more accomadating to gay and lesbian couples! i think they have just as much ability and right to be married and to raise a child! i hate it when people say they have 'tolerance towards gays' that just says that theres something needs to be 'tolerated' acceptance. we need acceptance. why should gay people censor their behavior to make straight people more comfortable? why dont the convervative people censor themselves for the gay people?
Rosie Blackwood chapter 1 . 6/21/2003
i completely agree with you. coming from a home of two mothers, i think it is so stupid that people discriminate against gays and lesbians. ugh it really pisses me off. and the laws are a whole nother story, because they're not allowed to get married if my mom's girlfriend was dying in the hospital they could keep my mom out of the hospital room because she's not family or legally married. my parents i think are going to vermont soon to get married and i hope they do because that would be so cool. thank you for posting your essay and thank you to all the people who reviewed positivly... it gives me some hope in the world.

~rosie
Cherokee Dragonfly chapter 1 . 6/21/2003
Just reviewing to say that that was a great essay. I never realised that the USA had such unjust laws against gay people. I come from the UK and, although gay people are allowed to have sex as long as they are in the privacy of their own home, they are allowed to get married or do many other things that straight people do.

Theres some really stupid predjudices against gay people. At my school, if people think that you might be gay they make a huge fuss and avoid you as if you have something contagious. I wish more people thought like you.
Nyx-Pyrokitty chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
Wow! This was an absolutely beautiful essay! I absolutely agree with you. After reading this I just want to say thank you to Vermont! And I really found that last quote to be a wonderful addition to this essay. It's quite ironic that something like that would happen, and the sad thing is it does every day. Well, I just want to say thank you for writing such a wonderful essay and posting it for everyone to read! I'm not gay myself, nor do I have any gay friends that I know of, but I AM a huge supporter.
Omelettes chapter 2 . 6/20/2003
As a bi-sexual person with a same-sex partener, I love what you've written! I agree with everything! If I could reach through this computer, I would give you a huge hug to say 'Thanks!'! Keep writing, please!
ThePQ chapter 2 . 6/20/2003
That rocked so hard... Gay Rights is a thing I feel extrememly passionate about myself (Even though I'm straight, and don't know anyone whose gay). I can't belive that "What?" person said that! What a jerk! ...(Not to sound cruel but,) people like that should either A. Live a day in the life of gay, or B. Be kicked to death by a mule... Okay, the last one was cruel, but they really tick me off sometimes.

It was a great essay. I hope someone learned something from it.

~S
What chapter 1 . 6/19/2003
Gays don't deserve rights! They're weird.
Loganberry chapter 2 . 6/19/2003
Ah, great. This is exactly what I was hoping for. Remember, though, that publishing on FP you're not only speaking to your teacher, but to the world! :)
Make Way for Willie chapter 1 . 6/19/2003
I applaud you! I am so glad to see that there are many people on this site that has the same opinion on this issue as me. I think it is very wrong and sad that we have only one state in this so-called great nation that allows total freedom for people who just happen to like the same sex. What's so wrong about that? Man i'm glad i don't live in Texas.

And to correct you Tiefling, there are 50 states counting Hawaii and Alaska.

Great essay!