Reviews for Contact
UnfortunateFortunate chapter 21 . 8/16/2005
Aww! I can't even see the keyboard straight 'cause it made me cry! Make a sequel! The ending was perfect, amazing and perfect... *starts chanting wishfully* Sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, SEQUEL! P
Stracciare chapter 21 . 8/11/2005
Wow. I can't beleive you got that few reviews. It's a really good story. In the way it seems so realistic I mean. I think that is the same way my dad would (or will to be more preciss) react when I tell him I'm bi. I really hope you write one shots for this, as there many possibilities. I'm going to check out your bio, and hopefully there will be more stories for me to read! :)
tomato-greens chapter 2 . 7/18/2005
It's really nice to see a parent attempt to accept their child's-oh, 'differences', to put it delicately, even though they're not sure they can handle it. Many people don't handle the subject well, but you certainly do; also, I wouldn't have known English was not your first language. I've seen worse from my fellow countrymen, as embarrassing as that is. Looking forward to the next nineteen chapters!
Kakiryu chapter 21 . 2/5/2005
Freakin' 'ell...This was good. I'm surprised that you don't have at least a hundred reviews...

I must admit though I was a bit put off by all the angst and drama, but I loved the end. It was so awesome.

Write more, write soon, just write. Ciao.
Appleofdeadfish554 chapter 21 . 7/17/2004
oh...very nice storie will their be sequal? if their is i will shurlly read it.
Good Bye,
? ? ? ? ?
Trinket chapter 21 . 5/28/2004
Wow, this is such a great story! I'm so glad I decided to read it! :)
The characters feel quite real and the problems Nathan and the others deal with are very realistic. I feel like I have a *connection* with the characters and honestly, I would have liked to read more about them.. although the ending was pretty good. :)
Cheers to you!
Trinket
Cheyenne chapter 21 . 2/19/2004
This story was SO beautifully written, with such talent, and such artistry. Your portrayal of the confusion that Nathan experiences, the conflict of Caleb and Ryan's discomfort are impressive. This is the type of story that people who 'don't get it' should read and get perspective from, because every single moment was so real and so raw and such an educational thing. I commend you for doing such a difficult subject, and doing it so well. *applause*
TheSeer chapter 21 . 12/29/2003
Wow. Finished. Nothing on this site ever finishes - and despite my opinions on the subject, that seems to include my work. Congratulations.
I know I've told you this a bunch of times - I think I account for about half your reviews, which is a shame - but it's a great story. I'm sorry it's over, and I hope you start something else sometime. See ya around.
*snicker, snort, break down laughing* Gum. *laugh* Gum.
TheSeer chapter 19 . 12/22/2003
You know, probably the best thing about this story is that all the characters have problems. It would have been so, so easy to write this with Nathan being the only person who's ever stupid or acting like an ass or just plain wrong, and you didn't. Ryan's temper and Caleb's maladjusted moodiness are just as much a part of the story as Nathan's struggle with his own intolerance, and I love that. Kayla, I admit, isn't really flawed, but that's okay because she's just an observer anyway. She isn't part of the main drama of the story, she sits outside it, keeping the three guys from flying apart. And she remains a very effective supporting character. But, of course, she's not what really draws me in - what does that is Nathan and Caleb and Ryan and all their flaws and problems.
TheSeer chapter 18 . 12/11/2003
Aww... sad...
Although, I don't think Ryan's overreacting all _that_ much. The most calm and rational boyfriend ever would still want to have a very serious talk with Caleb after something like that. The boy's got issues, and Ryan's getting hurt 'cause of them.
Speaking of which, I hope Caleb and Kyle get to meet each other. Seeing someone take his relationship/orientation as a completely normal, unremarkable thing might be good for him.
TheSeer chapter 17 . 11/19/2003
I hardly think it's crap. You can't really be powerful and dramatic and at the same time move the plot, and you've got to get both done. The chapter was interesting and engaging and made me want to read the next one.
TheSeer chapter 16 . 11/1/2003
Wow. That was awesome. I don't really have anything to say, certainly not suggestions. That was probably the best chapter yet. Very, very cool.
Cuppie chapter 15 . 10/27/2003
This story has so much tension and I love it. :) It's great that we finally know how Caleb and Ryan met; what a sweet story. Nathan is so dumb, I kind of feel bad for him. He's so lovable yet stupid. LOL. _ Great as usual!
TheSeer chapter 15 . 10/26/2003
Don't worry about being late; everybody's busy sometimes, and it sounds like you had good reason. I'm theoretically busy now, but I'm a horrible procrastinator.

As a reader, I'd really like to get the other side of that story - maybe Kayla asks Caleb or something. As a writer, I've got instincts telling me that going over the same events twice effectively would probably be difficult. So... I dunno.

The roleplaying stuff... well, there was nothing technically wrong about it; it actually sounded like some stuff I used to do. And yet for some reason it was still obvious you were making it up. It probably has to do with your lack of knowledge of the jargon. By the way, I should point out that there would have had to be several excellent players, including the Gamemaster, to make a game like that work.
LittleDreams chapter 14 . 9/25/2003
This is a brilliant, well written story! And not only that, it has a clear and well-thought out message, presenting both sides of the argument and ending on a very strong point. The only criticism i could make is that, althought it certainly isn't clinical, it could be a little more poignant in places. I think some parts are missing emotion, where there should really be some.

Anyway, good work!