Reviews for Contact
crucify my sanity chapter 14 . 9/18/2003
good chapter.

its nice to see a priest like that, even if its fiction, im sure a few exist.

and just, fantastic, reasonable statements that a lot of people in the world should pay attention to.

this is a very intelligent chapter, at the same time depicting a delicate situation and a lot about the strength of the priest, and also nathan's character, and his inner turmoil.

actually, a great side story would be one exploring matt and how he got to where he is, his personal strength and spiritual strength. because you cant get that from religion itself, what he is.

but perhaps thats a story no one could tell, and if they could tell, they might not.

anyway, great characters in this chapter.
TheSeer chapter 13 . 9/3/2003
That's not true, there are lots of stupid lines from the Bible. Dietary requirements that didn't make much sense then and are completely irrelevant now, instructions on keeping slaves, blatant revisions, irreconcilable contradictions, that line in Exodus about witches, the entire book of Revelation. God may or may not have inspired it, but he sure didn't edit it.
crucify my sanity chapter 12 . 8/18/2003
i really like this story

it could use some more description to round out the wellmoving plot, but good story.

i think the story of them getting together would be well incorporated into this story. one of them, maybe ryan even, could tell nathan about it. thatd be an interesting scene. him making an effort to prove to nathan that whats there is beautiful even as its breaking apart under the strain. not to try to fix things, even, but just because he wants to.
Purged Account chapter 11 . 8/15/2003
So sorry I haven't reviewed this for a while. You're doing a really good job, don't let the lack or reviews dishearten you. You do so well with emotions and interaction between characters. Everything feels so real. Please keep on going. I'll be reading.

And thanx for reviewing my stuff too.
TheSeer chapter 11 . 8/2/2003
Whoops, here's trouble. Nathan's in a bit of a bind now, isn't he? As for mistakes, I didn't spot any, besides a couple of commas out of place.
Purged Account chapter 9 . 7/14/2003
Not really sure what to say. Its a really good story, believable characters and good writing. I think that sums it up, along with I love reading it.

Please keep on going.
fonduehamster chapter 1 . 7/10/2003
I'm only starting, but I've got to say that this is nice. I haven't seen enough to make me stop, stare and go "WOW", but it's enough to keep me going. And the fact that English isn't your native language makes this that much more endearing.
TheSeer chapter 7 . 7/8/2003
Ugh, the long post-coming-out silence. I know the long silence. I _hate_ the long silence.

Good chapter, though.
Purged Account chapter 6 . 7/8/2003
Excellent story. You reviewed mine (Gilmore Guys) and now I've read your story and love it. Please continue.
Anarchy Angel chapter 6 . 7/7/2003
hey,

i like it. It's pretty good. As wierd as this may sound i can kind of understand Kayla's place. A friend of mine is in Caleb's postion and i kinda get thrown in the middle. I like how it's going so far.
TheSeer chapter 5 . 7/1/2003
I'm glad you appreciate the advice; I sometimes feel awkward giving it, as if I'm butting in.

Anyway, I did like how this chapter turns out. Even Colin and Kayla got filled in some. It's just way easier to read something when you know what all the characters are really like; personalities and stuff.
Cannibalistic Smurf chapter 5 . 7/1/2003
this was a great chapter, and I also think that nathan is very realistic (thats very good, I give you cookie for that accomplishment)
underjoyed chapter 4 . 7/1/2003
Yay. I like. More now?

(by the way, I have a pink feather boa).
a yellow tree chapter 4 . 6/28/2003
This did add an interesting dimension to the story and Nathan's character. It really shows his resolve to get to understand and accept his son. It'll be great to see where you take this, if Nathan and Caleb really do have more "contact".
TheSeer chapter 4 . 6/25/2003
Eh, don't worry about it. I thought it was funny. And you haven't made any mistakes as far as I can tell. Although, despite what Alex and Daniel hinted, there are guys who are, um, flamboyantly gay, though I have no idea how much of this is by choice and how much by nature.

You might want to think about developing Caleb and Ryan a little more. The story seems to be mostly about Nathan, but I think it would be better if the boys had a little more to them. They're a bit flat so far, though Nathan is well developed. Maybe a chapter from one of their perspectives?

And by the way, are you writing from experience or just making it up? Nathan is written very realistically.
64 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »