Reviews for Why Fight Amongst Ourselves?
Lina Inverse chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
The message here is strong, but the rhyme scheme is forced. If you cannot rhyme without weakening your content, do not rhyme.

You asked about my story Bleach. It is not one of my priorities (my fanfiction Rebirth is my main priority), but I'll try to work on it this weekend.
az2328 chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
liked the poem, though *I* felt it lacked a little 'punch'? but just me

and also, just nitpicking... there are no 'islams':islam is a religion, muslims are the people who follow the teachings of islams. so its not really correct to say 'islams and muslims' since there's no such things as 'islams'.

unless you're talking about imans, but they're just muslim leaders.

and i didn't read this before you changed it, but Anna isn't totally right. (hope she's seeing this) 'cos we are saved through salvation, yes, but not through faith alone. our works count for something too. You can't just BE a christian, you have to ACT a christian otherwise, well, you're not a christian are you? One can't just say 'oh, i'm a christian' then 'don't work hard to be saved'. 'cos then God's just a glorified ticket seller and I don't think he would appreciate that.

If you want specific references I'll have to llok those up.

aniwei, sorry for dumping all this on you...)
tofujunky chapter 1 . 8/5/2003
Wow! You are so knowledgeable and very wise. Another great piece. Well done.
Black and Silver Dreamer chapter 1 . 7/29/2003
This is cool, I like the whole idea behind the poem. Actually I like the idea behind all your stuff... Okay, I like all your stuff.. and I just overused the word 'like' ...anyways, keep up the good writing, and open mind!
Shadafakup can't seem to login chapter 1 . 7/16/2003
I think this is a really insightful poem.. .. If I think correctly, some views you covered on certain religions arent exactly accurate.. It is good though.. This certainly is very unbiased with a wonderful message behind.. I liked the perspective within the poem.. A awesome ending.. I like poems which speak the truth.. Well done.. If only there were more people like you than there wouldnt be so much trouble..

Good piece..
UnknownBeauty2003 chapter 1 . 7/7/2003
*jaw drops* i totally agree with what you are saying here. it's very understandable and realistic. great job!
Satan's Little Helper chapter 1 . 7/5/2003
This is amazing! I agree completely! The details really help your point, too. Thank you for the atheist verse as well. I think it's dead right. Beliefs might be different, but the main purpose is the same. This is a great poem, maybe it will inspire a little more tolerance. Thanks for being such a great reviewer, too. See ya!
Jiasa Stormcloud chapter 1 . 7/1/2003
Another poem with a wonderful message! This is really inspiring; I think I'll favourite it so I can just read it over again when I'm feeling bitter. It makes me feel a little better about the world, in a way, just because it reminds me that there are more people out there who want acceptance and unity. It's also informative- I really didn't know anything about Jain religion before I read this. It sounds interesting, and I think I'll have to do some research and find out more. I enjoy learning about other faiths, so I thought it was really cool that you included some lesser-known belief in there. And as always, it's well-written. Don't ever stop writing. You're wonderful.
Kyalia chapter 1 . 6/22/2003
You're right; does remind me of my recent ones... very good, very true...
Anna chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
Hey, I enjoyed reading your poem ) I just wanted to mention one thing, and yes, it's about the Christian part. hehe, no worries, I'm not writing this because I'm offended, only to make a correction about the beliefs. Christians don't work hard every day to be saved because the Bible says that salvation comes by faith, and not by works, so that no one should boast. We try to live lives that are pleasing to the Lord, but it's not because of the way that we live our lives that we believe we're saved. Just thought I'd mention it ) I really like your idea about loving each other. it's really an important idea. (an understatement, I know) I don't believe that all religions are necessarily right, but hate definitely does not solve anything, or bring about anything good. We should all talk with each other and learn without feeling animosity towards each other. Anywho, those are my thoughts )