Reviews for Why Conform?
End Of The Innocence chapter 1 . 8/6/2004
I used to be A Beautiful Mind...thank you for your reviews.
My stuff is better now...so yeah. A lot better than my reviews.
The sentiment of this poem rocks. The only thing is you have an awesome rhyme scheme until the last few lines. Fix that and you got a kick ass poem here.
DemonGaz chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
O I love it
_D_E_M_O_N_G_A_Z_
ku chapter 1 . 12/18/2003
conformity is something innate in humans. there's pretty much nothing anyone can do about it.
there are heaps of conformity quotes in my stories:
"we apply labels to others. we apply labels to ourselves. we change our labels not to fit ourselves but change ourselves to fit our labels."
"conformity is the ultimate form of self-sacrifice...conformity is peace."
"don't fight the urge to conform. you can't win."
And Emo is Cliche chapter 1 . 12/8/2003
Wow..thats really great... I feel like that everyday.. though I dont conform! Anyways... It's Silverlight Elf Rencarnated! Anyways this is my new thing and I'm trying to get this thing to let me put up my poetry again.. I'll read mmore! Later
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 11/29/2003
woot to that! There's a saying..."When people are free to act as they please, they usually act exactly the same."
It's pathetic, but true, so I say kudos to anyone who doesn't feel like blending in.
Dark Hamadryad chapter 1 . 8/11/2003
I totally agree with you. I hate it when people change themselves to fit in with other people's definition of 'cool.'

~Luna
Lady Estra chapter 1 . 7/9/2003
I'm always feeling like the "freak" or "outcast" I get hell for it, read my poem "Thankyou" and you'll see what I mean!

~*LadyEstra*~

PS It's cool to be different...as my mate Jess says (and I'm sure many other people do!) "You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same" or the slightly different take from another mate of mine..."yes, let's be different. Just like everyone else" yeah. right...sorry!
Total Confusion chapter 1 . 7/4/2003
I agree with your motto. Great peom!
lacking motivation chapter 1 . 7/3/2003
its beautiful in it's own right. really lovely
Not Just a Little Girl chapter 1 . 6/28/2003
Wowee! Love this one Lyria, and it rhymes! **jaw drops** and it works really well, so you're evil :D
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 6/27/2003
I found this one particularly interesting not just because of it's message that stands on its own merit, but also because the structure reminds me of some of my own work. Great work as always!

FC
PainKiller chapter 1 . 6/27/2003
Excellent message, which you conveyed very well, and artisically. Great first stanza. Very clean writing. Keep writing.
The Black Rider chapter 1 . 6/25/2003
Lyria, this poem expresses everything I stand for. Great job.
DefianceIsMe chapter 1 . 6/23/2003
I really liked that word generic...it describes them to a T. Great job. _
Jimmy Jazz chapter 1 . 6/23/2003
Yeah! Another brill poem, and excellent motto. Yeah! To Hell with conformity! Great idea. Excellent work.