Reviews for A Daughter of Oakrune
dragon-wisher chapter 7 . 11/18/2004
I like the fact that you write about centaurs (like me!), and that you put such a nice amount of detail into your work. The words and ideas flow very nicely. What a truly magnificent story, I love your work! I can't imagine why your teacher didn't...
Diamond Shieldmaiden chapter 7 . 12/11/2003
::Glomps::
Sorry it took me so long to review this, but we all know how lazy I am. ::rolls eyes::
Beautiful, darling. Sad and moving, but illustrates excellent points about the highs and lows of human nature.
Some of the characters seem vaguely familiar...intended or subconscious?
Anyway, great work. Tops marks, 5 thumbs, thousands of stars, etc., etc! _
Sayrah chapter 6 . 9/9/2003
::gazes off into the distance::

I really love that...you show great imagination and innovation, creating an extraordinarily believable plot. A couple descriptions you used bugged me a little. The one I remember was when Epona was describing herself and said she lacked a "Roman face." How would the centaurs know the Romans?

But I really enjoyed the part when the opals' true meaning is unmasked.

And also, I laughed very much at the cuteness of your using Amon Ra as your sun god. ::giggles:: Very nice.

Sayrah chapter 4 . 9/9/2003
This chapter seems to me to fit very well.

Plot-wise and character-wise and everything-wise.

Sayrah chapter 3 . 9/9/2003
My, my that is depressing.

But I like that Epona feels pity for the human woman...although she sounds kind of bitchy even though I agree with her about the rabbit.

Must be that thing I have against whiny people:)

T3h Faith chapter 6 . 8/10/2003
Ai, Kristen... 'twas beautiful. I -love- your descriptions, and your imagery... the adjectives are lovely! Absolutely fabulous. Again, best centaur fic I've read in forever... and you managed to keep it as a short story! SO hard to do, I know... especially when you want to add all sorts of details about the characters, their homes, and their relationships... ah well.

I love it. ::Shrieks for more::

Diamond Shieldmaiden chapter 6 . 8/10/2003
Wah, I REALLY don't like that female human. *snarls and really wouldn't too much mind if she fell off a cliff* Evocative and beautiful, cherie. I liked Ardin quite a bit, even if he abandoned his wife and daughter.

Squish! _

*~Angie~*
korakane chapter 1 . 8/3/2003
short chapters are always good. they only take a few minutes to read. but this story is good i guess. it is good enough literature, and some literature is REALLY bad and boring, all thinks to school teachers.
Diamond Shieldmaiden chapter 4 . 7/14/2003
*sniff* This is shaping out very tragic. Star-crossed love, guns and violence, fires and massive carnage...*cries* Poor elves. Poor centaurs. Beautiful, though. I love your description of the fire. Quite wonderful.
Diamond Shieldmaiden chapter 3 . 6/26/2003
Damn it...more reasons to utterly despise humans...damn that woman, she was PROTECTING herself! If you hadn't ATTACKED her, she wouldn't have reacted! You think that everything's so dumb, and that when you pick your unlucky victim, they won't fight back? BITCH! You shot Epona! (Not you, my lady, I'm yelling at the evil human! RAWR!) I'm going to go cry now...

Beautiful writing though, my dear. Quite wonderful. I especially love your descriptions-very lifelike and descriptive. I feel like I'm actually there watching the scene unfold.

Gracias, mi amiga!

*~Diamond~*
Diamond Shieldmaiden chapter 2 . 6/25/2003
YAY! *cries with joy and pain* Truly beautiful, my dear. Exquisitely portrayed, longing and beauty entwined so gracefully...I adore it.