Reviews for Confessions of a Harry Potter Addict
Rem chapter 7 . 8/18/2003
And I enjoyed reading, as always.

Good look with college, Im off to university in september, so I know how you feel. Harry's charcacter, and the stuff on future and luna seem interesting enough topics, I look forward to reading them, when ever you actually post them.
Kirjava1 chapter 7 . 8/18/2003
"Joseph Campbell's wet dreams"? Oh dear... Joseph Campbell must be turning over in his grave. Nice comparisons, though.
Sunflower Philosophy chapter 7 . 8/18/2003
I'm going to have to contradict you here. *dives under table to escape all the flying tomatoes*

I can see that J. K. is following a pattern and that she developed his character. But I have a few reasons to think why Sirius isn't going to "come back to life".

First of all, the reason there was no closure was because J. K. said herself- in war, there's never closure. She wanted him killed suddenly, BAM, gone- and then you just have to keep going. As for what Luna said, it sounds ridiculous to think that people can come back to life. Dumbledore says himself in the Chamber of Secrets that you can't bring a person back to life. End of story. If it was true, then why would it be Sirius of all people? I'd think, you know, James and Lily would be high up on Harry's list, too...! If there was one person in the whole world that would come back to life, why would it be Sirius of all people?

Also, Sirius's death is something that affects Harry. It causes him to mature and all sorts of things, it makes the reader feel the same panic that anyone could die. If she brought Sirius back, it would be against all literary rules. It would ruin the effect entirely and would just seem completely lame... UNLESS she came up with a REALLY good explanation behind it and still managed to keep the effects the way they are.

You could be right, I dunno, but in my opinion it isn't likely.

Sorry to burst your bubble... oh yes, one last reason is that all Sirius's life he's wanted one thing- to be with James.

Now he's with him.

m~* Sunflower, anyone?
Mockingbirdflyaway chapter 7 . 8/18/2003
This is a well thought out chapter, I've noticed how all heroes relate...lol
Kate the Stampede chapter 7 . 8/18/2003
Wow, I never really thought of it like that. Very interesting. _
Diamond Shieldmaiden chapter 7 . 8/18/2003
Yay! I do hope Sirius comes back-I've had people say that there is No Way in Hell he is returning, and I've also heard people say it's only a matter of time. I certainly hope he comes back-Padfoot's far too sexy just to leave the story entirely. And being left in the Underworld for a bit adds even more to his dark, seductive nature. _
Allegretto chapter 7 . 8/17/2003
Well, a very merry happy birthday to you!

And WHOA this is awesome! Someone who can actually discuss HP intelligently! I love it!

And what you were saying with Rowling and Campell (I dunno who he is) and the typical saga, well he is. It's the hero's journey, applicable to just about everything. You've got the mentor, the sidekicks, the call, the journey to a new place. Yadda yadda until the abyss and the revelation and so forth.

And, oh! you have a point about Sirius! It's another "suspicious" death like Gandalf's! Only I caught that one right off the bat. I think what distracted me was that I sort of predicted Sirius's death a few years ago...

This is really neat!
Dan chapter 7 . 8/17/2003
Liked it well writtened formed well logical.

Be interesting to see if Sirus is the object of the underworld journey.

Sirius is located in the constellation Alpha Canis Majoris. It is the brightest star in the night sky, with 22 times the luminosity of the sun. Canis major is at the heel of the constellation Orion. Sirius is bluish-green and very large, and is close to Earth (Distance in Light Years 8.60 0.04, one of the nearest stars).

Sirius is also known as the Dog Star. Sirius is closest to the Earth in Summer, especially July and August. That's where the phrase "dog days of summer" came from.

Sirius has a smaller companion white dwarf star known as The Pup or Sirius B. The mass of Sirius is about twice that of the sun, while the mass of the companion star is slightly less than that of the sun.

more on sirius

Kit Rain chapter 7 . 8/17/2003
As usual dear, I think your writing is amazing. I completely agree with you about Sirius coming back and about wanting to shag him MROW! On a different note, going back to your chapter on "Sexy Men" my theory about the Snape memory is that, its just that, a memory. If you ask ten people to remember the same occurance, none of them will say exactly the same thing. He's probably a little biased on the entire thing...although the marauders probably were being prats. just remember the source, love. Anyway, please come check out my story and tell me what you think.

love ya darlin'

Jeannie
Spirit Lovelorn chapter 7 . 8/17/2003
First off, I absolutely must bring these essays of yours to present to my English teacher and to argue with my other friend who believes Sirius is gone forever. Second, I wish I had your amazing ability to analyze novels. Maybe I wouldn't have struggled so much to maintain a B average so that I could remain in AP English.

These essays are brillant. It doesn't matter if these are "confessions of a Harry Potter addict", you are a very intelligent Harry Potter addict and what you say is interesting because it has thought behind it.

Good luck at William and Mary!

~Liz
Christine chapter 7 . 8/17/2003
::Smiles::

You've heard my opinions on the subject, I think. I tried to explain this theory to my sister . . . I don't think she followed. (Couldn't understand how the entrance to the Underworld could be in the Ministry of Magic until I pointed out that they've got glowing globes with everyone's destinies in them, why not the entrance to the Underworld?) It's a big metaphysical thing . . . ::waves arms vaguely::

Okay, I'll stop now.
Kristen no Delaunay chapter 7 . 8/17/2003
Huzzah for this! I love the analysis. I love the archetypes and I love the inverses.

Congradulations. You just cheered up depressed fangirls worldwide.

"Ah-ah-ah I say HOPE, bruthas! Ya got-tah have HOPE!"

;)
Diiniam chapter 1 . 8/16/2003
*reads Porphyrophobic Grapes review*

WHAT!Draco,a mini-Voldemort?You have got to be only things that Draco and Voldemort have in comon is that both are Slytherins and that they share some prejudices.*humphs angrily at the one who dares to compare the two*

(Im not trying to be mean,but Draco being a mini-Voldemort?)

If you havent guessed already Im a hard-core Voldemort fan(dont ask).I dont admire his prejudices or the fact that hes a murdurer,I like his intelligens(Dumbledore did say,and I course,he was probably the most brilliant student Hogwarts has ever seen. Considering that Hogwarts has existed for about a thousand years in the books,thats quite an achievment),his ruthlessness(did I spell that corectly?If not please forgive my lousy atempt at english,as its not my native tounge),his determination(he spent over ten years as a ghost-like creature,forcing himself to be can say whatever you want,but that takes determination)and I love the phrase:There is no good nor evil,only power and those too weak to seek it(being a cynic,I am convinced that the terms good and evil arent descriptive enough.I mean not everyone has the same concepts on what is right and what is wrong,thats why there is no good nor evil.I myself believe there is no such thing as true innocence for anyone who has been exposed to the harsh reality of the world).

Oh,and to Luv LuvG:there are plenty of people that woldnt mind shagging Voldemort when he was young(including me),but I have to agree with you on that not many would enjuy that kind of intamicy with the newly resurected Voldemort.

Anyway,I am finally going to review the never been one for writing long reviews(this is the longest I have ever writen,actually),and I dont really know what to say,now that the fangirl part of me is retreating.I think its wonderful,humuristic and very well more to say,what more to say?

Well,life is a bitch and thenyou die(quote from Anita Blake,Vampire Hunter)but well-written books,fan/originalfiction and essays like these make it more endurable.

Please forgive the rantings of a fangirl.
Diamond Shieldmaiden chapter 6 . 8/11/2003
Wah! Yay! Draco IS a nasty little weasel! I think they should have kept him as a ferret...

Hm, next essay? Do Quidditch! Or Voldemort! Or Dumbledore! Or the-Evilness-That-Is-Umbridge! _ Any and all of the above! :P Love this, m'dear. Do keep up!
Selene Silverwing chapter 6 . 8/10/2003
Alyx... i'm still in stitches over the audio books.

till next meeting!