Reviews for Confessions of a Harry Potter Addict
A Person chapter 5 . 8/8/2003
For Snape's memory I would have to say that it would not be a good idea to judge the arrogance of James and Sirius. They were most likely arrogant prats most of the time but that was Snape's worst memory so we don't see why they were mean to him, they had reason because in the book we hear that Snape cursed James whenever he got the chance. Personally I think that I would want revenge on a person who did would curse me.

I just needed to defend that charge, it is starting to bother me when people keep saying that they were the bullies, for they might not have been.
Zahri Seb Melitor chapter 6 . 8/5/2003
*applause*

Thank you. Draco is not sexy. Draco isn't "nice underneath". Draco has an ego the size of Hogwarts and is a git. Actually, "Draco is a git" is precept 3 of my religion (it follows 1: Venerate Books; 2: Worship JK Rowling. The defense against the claim Ron's an idiot is precept 4.)

*cough* Anyway, congratulations on tackling such a contraversial topic. I know that JK doesn't like all the people who dress up as Draco at her signings (she said it at Albert Hall). I don't particularly like canon!Draco. What I truly despise, however, is fanon!Draco. I don't understand how people see that in him...
Anonymous chapter 1 . 8/5/2003
I used to be a Harry potter addict too. I loved the books to death, and I couldn't believe Christians put them under Satanism. I was even thinking of putting a rant on it. I couldn't stop thinking, 'These people are so close minded!' I favorite character was Sirius. I loved anything to do with the Marauders, I thought they were so cool!

Now, if you were paying attention to my first sentence, you're smile should be rubbing off by now.

I saw a book on Harry Potter. It was called Harry Potter and the Bible. I thought it was a book that said why HP was a GOOD book, but I was certainly in for a surprise.

Now, I'm not going to sit here and tell you my whole life story, but I left my E-mail. Please e-mail me Alyx, and hear me out.

I'm not a super-spiritual person, but I do love my Lord. I've never written Christian stories, and I'm not an expert. But I think the Lord took me to this "Confession" about being a Harry Potter addict, and I'm sure I could give you a run for your money in that category, and maybe a little more surprises.

Please e-mail me and hear me out!

Love,

A Christian
just a person chapter 1 . 8/4/2003
I am a very obbsessed HP fan too. I've read the first 4 5 times and am starting on my 3rd of the 5th. Also, (strange) is the best hp site around.
Inky Fingerz chapter 6 . 8/2/2003
Draco is SO not sexy! Maybe Lucius... Actually, no. Snape & Lupin are the only guys for me.

Great Chapters
Christine chapter 6 . 8/1/2003
Draco? Icky! You strange, strange people.
Sinical-Sarchasm chapter 6 . 8/1/2003
Yeah...I must say, the only redeeming features ever found in Draco are _created_ in various fanfictions...anyway, I'm loving this, please update soon...no idea on what to write next, but i'm sure you'll get some idea...you better...
Sinical-Sarchasm chapter 5 . 8/1/2003
The two people I love the most:

*Remus Lupin

*Severus Snape

Odd combo I guess but...

I love severus because of his cynicism, sarcasm, darkness, and general weird-sexy-in-a-quirky-sort-of-way-ness.

I love Remus because...well...I dunno, it's mostly the whole werewolf thing. Plus I have manic-depression and I feel like I can sort of identify with the two-existences thing, with the crazy wolf and the tired, worn out man, trying to act all calm and accepting...but it must just be so hard for him...don't ask, I have this thing about werewolves, particularly Remus.

*sighs*
Sinical-Sarchasm chapter 4 . 8/1/2003
*g* Cute...*sighs* But why does no one recognize the amazing sexiness of Severus Snape?...:-(
Sinical-Sarchasm chapter 3 . 8/1/2003
Lmao. I love the quivering wand charm thing. In agreement with you, even Freud said, "Sometimes a cigar is only a cigar..." (Or something like that...)

Haha...those were hilarious emails. I haven't seen them. What was with the grammar, especially the grammar in the second one? That was just...frightening.

My personal favourite argument regarding why HP is evil centered around the fact that there was that quote in the first book, "There is no such thing as good and evil, only power and those too weak to seek it." That quote denies good and evil, therefore the book denies good and evil. Um...is there something I'm missing here or was it the _villain_ who said that? Lol...these people clearly didn't read much of PS...they must have just been skimming it for satanic messages.

The more and more people say HP is the devil the more and more I laugh. If anything, my cynical self has trouble with the books because the characters are _too_ good and loving and wonderful and stuff...not that that keeps me from being totally obsessed with them. *winks* (Or should I say obsessed by them?)

Hehe. Loved this chapter. Can't wait to read more.
Magentian chapter 4 . 7/31/2003
Huh. The audiobook, eh? Odd... It sure cost a lot less where _I_ live... *tries not to look too superior, fails spectacularly* but I never buy that stuff anyway, I like making up my own voices for the characters, and you're right: 27 hours is ridiculous. You read it in 7 hours? Cool. 8.5 for me. _ There's this one girl on a message board who claimed to have read it in 4.5 hours, but she must have skimmed... I mean, _4.5_?

The HP similes were distracting, but amusing. I'll have to check what you've done on FP sometime...
Magentian chapter 6 . 7/31/2003
In response to someone else's review... enh, all Slytherins can't be bad. They're not all for wizarding purity... I mean, sure, Slyth himself went for purebloods, but that doesn't mean they're all running around screaming the same thing. Slytherin also liked ambition, cunning, craftiness, ruthlessness, the whole bit... and while those can sometimes mean a person you wouldn't touch even if they were holding out the Holy Grail, they're also essential to any human. Of course, this theory (#264309, if anyone's keeping count) has yet to be proven, but I still doubt kicking out all Slytherins would really solve anything. There are probably plenty of gits in other Houses, too.

End of tangent.

I don't know why people go for Draco, it must be bad-guy magnetism or something... although no one has admitted to wanting to shag Lord Voldything, so perhaps it is only a particular kind of annoying git that attracts people. Or perhaps it's just the fact that Draco at least looks a bit more human than Voldy. Personally, I don't really care one way or the other about Draco. He's a prat, sure, but an essential one, just part of the background of HP. He barely even appeared in #5.

Ah, well. Looking forward to the next installment!
Magentian chapter 5 . 7/31/2003
Aww... that's so true. Poor Lupin... but this does sort of support my theory... *ahem* as you can see, I'm proud of being a sick puppy. _ Anyway...

Enh, I don't care if arrogance is appealing to other people... I still don't like Sirius nearly as much now... in fact, reading back through the series after having finished the 5th, I figured out that much of my impressions on Sirius' character were inferred. To me, that incident was more telling of who Sirius Black was than any talks with Harry or noble deeds. Of course, I'm risking demolition by saying this... I know everyone here's probably devoted to Sirius, not least the authoress herself...*bows* be it known that I do not mean to offend or insult in any way either you or your favorite Marauder, hero, imaginary friend, and/or sex toy. _

This completed, I shall now move on to Section 5.5...
Spirit Lovelorn chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
I would like to know why you don't think Sirius is gone forever. Oh my god(dess, depending on what you believe in), I CANNOT stand Draco for the life of me. My ex-best friend used to think he was the sexiest, and I couldn't understand WHY? I can't even stand the actor that plays him. You just want to smack the little twit.

What drives me even more batty is Draco/Harry slash. The two boys hate each other with a passion, so even if they both were homosexual, they wouldn't be attracted to each other other than for a death match.

You know, if you get enough of these essays, you could publish a book. Nice controversal book too. Great stuff.

~Liz
Sunflower Philosophy chapter 6 . 7/29/2003
I definitely agree with you on this! Draco is a... well, I don't need to find a colorful word as all the reviewers here have provided quite enough...

Personally, I'm interested in the Ron and Hermione front. What is the matter with her? She obviously knows, better than Ron does, that he's obsessed with her, so why is she just sitting there? I mean, if I were her, I'd either get across a very clear message- "It's not gonna work, buddy, please find someone else and let's be close friends like before", or, if she's completely okay with it, move forward. So maybe she's waiting for him to get around to moving forward. Then why is she still writing to Viktor? Does she even care about Viktor at all? She never seemed to, that much- only embarassed that he'd asked her to the ball and everything.

Whatever. Could make an interesting chapter.

m~* Sunflower, anyone?