Reviews for Confessions of a Harry Potter Addict
wizened-girl chapter 6 . 7/29/2003
This was awesome. I have a friend whose really really obsessed with HP (i'm only obsessed, I haven't qualified to ad any "really's" yet) and I plan on sending him the link to this asap. I, too, have to say I was a little relunctant to read the books when they came out. I it was 6th grade when I first read Sorceror's Stone...I borrowed it from my best friend, then I borrowed the second, and then the third. Took me a while to purchase them, but I did it. Got OOTP on the day after it came out. My dad bought it for me. I still remember it all. I was sitting on the couch and immediatly opened it up and started reading it. I put it down to eat dinner, that was it. You do good work, keep it up!
Arctic Squirrel chapter 6 . 7/28/2003
Write one about how Harry was completely pissed off all through OOtp. That kind of upset me. And I agree, how could anybody think Draco is sexy? HOnestly
Mac chapter 5 . 7/28/2003
I was reading reviews, and I felt rather stupid that I didn't include this, even though it sounds like I'm snagging ideas. Draco and Snape *are* very alike, and there's not too much we know about either of them; for starters, I'm writing a ficcy all about it, and though the plot is originally from the depths of my perverse, twisted mind, it is esentially, about Draco's life, and how Lucious is forcing him to become a deatheater during his seventh year at Hogwarts. Maybe Draco is a cowardly prick because of the way he is treated, I mean, seriously, he needs help! It's obvious that he is alone, which could possibly make him insecure about his whole life; like a bully, a person repeatedly mocked or shoved around at home, Draco puts other people down to make himself feel better, higher, in control (eew, did that sound right?). Anyways, like I said before, you *are* completely right, and Draco *is* a selfish git.

But, make no mistake, I am still a Draco fan...yes I am the one with the framed piccy of the palid SLYTHERIN, as afore mentioned...Unfortunately, I must depart now.

~Mac
Mac chapter 6 . 7/28/2003
hahaha..you're soo funny...hehe...I am a Draco fan...but I completely agree; I think what draws people to Draco is his evilness (is that a word?) The fact that he *is* a complete prat makes him a very important character; after all, who else would Harry have as a rival? I like him because of this, otherwise, Harry would have it much too easy at Hogwarts. Another possibility is that J.K. Rowling is going to kill him off; by making him evil, the readers won't mind too much...(uh, maybe not, actually.) Another reason (I'm running out of ideas, here, heehee) may be becuase of our own minds creating a visual image of him...I consider the actor playing Draco, Tom Felton, sexy, and so might everyone else; maybe that's who we demented fans are seeing in our tiny little heads whenever we are thinking about Draco. I rest my case.

Either way, you are completely right about him being an arse, because he is, and that's just something we're going to have to accept...still wouldn't mind a shag with Tom Felton, though.

~Mac
teena chapter 6 . 7/27/2003
Okay, I'll say it...Draco Malfoy is a dick. But I, for one, really think he will turn out all right in the end...though he still will be a dick. The first thing that made me come to this conclusion is in book one where he runs from Voldemort in the Dark Forest, now he came from a family where I am sure he was well educated about the so-called "Dark Lord" so he knows what he ran away from. The second thing is that he is constantly bullied around by his father...now, you don't see it too much in the books because how often are they together. But think about the scene in Book two where Harry tries Floo Powder for the first time and ends up in KnockTurn Alley. The whole dialogue exchange between Draco and Lucius. Draco is so bullied by his Dad, he doesn't want to be like him when he grows up. So I jumped to a rather large conclusion, or rather I made a prediction for a book later in the series, where Malfoy might help save Harry's ass...hmm...Harry's ass...that may go back to that whole chapter about Harry Potter being all about sex.

I also consider the similarities in Draco and Snape, which may sound strange, they both are from Slytherin for starters, but that is way too general. They both are mean to everyone, they both have unknown pasts, well, true Draco still is a kid, but the books don't tell you much about him. You want to know why they are the way they are...but you don't know why. Oh, and I think they both need some serious therepy, but other than that. They both will face or have faced that same choice about being a DeathEater, true, Snape is on the "good side" and Draco's Dad is clearly on the "dark side" but where is Draco? Then that makes you think about the Quiddich World Cup right before the Dark Mark appeared in the sky, Malfoy was laughing at Harry, Hermione and Ron. But still he never praised the Dark Lord's "noble" work. Now how, you might ask, does this go against the claim that Malfoy is not one of the "sexy men" I have entirely no idea, nor do I have any idea why I am writing all this to you at 3:45am in the morning, and nor do I have any real conscious idea of what I have just said to you. The end.
teena chapter 3 . 7/27/2003
Just for fun, I decided to go through Harry Potter 5 and find things and make them dirty...sad life I live, I know. But you know that Harry Potter he is just one huge horn-dog thriving to vent off his sexual tension:

Obviously I have to start with Dudley's new name...Big D, which is first introduced on pg. 12 Now why would they call him big dick...or, sorry, Big D. And one pg. later Harry says, "I know you did Mark Evans two nights ago..." hmm...he DID him, did he?

On pg. 14 Big "D" Says to Harry, "You think you're a big man carrying around that thing don't you." Then he continues,"just wait till I tell Dad you had you're thing out." Hm...makes you think doesn't it?

Then Harry goes on to say, "You think I'm not brave in bed." Hmm... maybe TOO brave Harry, maybe too brave...

"I heard you last night, talking in your sleep...moaning." Hmm...moaning, brave in bed?

"Point that thing somewhere else!"

"I said, do you understand me?"

"Point it somewhere else!"

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?"

"GET THAT THING AWAY FROM-"

Dudley gave an odd, shuddering gasp, as though he had been doused in icy water.

Yeah, well point made I think, JK Rowling is just taking all her sexual tension out through Harry. Yup, yup, I think we all learned a valuble lesson here today. The end.
Porphyrophobic Grape chapter 6 . 7/27/2003
lol guess what? im an idiot! lol i reviewed on the fourth chapter and then go 'gosh i wish there was more written...' lol then i saw the story again (like a min later mind you) and go.. hey there are really 6 chapter! lol talk about idioticy... is that a word... and yea the sexy men part... yum cedric and serius and remus and james oliver and bill... im just gonna say one thing... yum! hehe but no at school i know like 2 people who are in love with tom felton (the dude who plays draco malfoy) and one has a framed picture of him in her room... ew! totally agree, doesn't it seem like he is mini voldemort? lol but i can tall them to send you a who draco is sext thing for refference. lol update soon
Porphyrophobic Grape chapter 4 . 7/27/2003
lol fun stuff! hehe this is great and really lifted my spirits ;) but one thing... how do you do th ebolds and italics?

Grape Anyone?
Mockingbirdflyaway chapter 3 . 7/27/2003
ROTFLMAO!

I had an experience like that...

my former (thank GOD) stepmom was a religious nut. She kept ranting about how Harry Potter was the incarnation of Evil and i'd be tainted if I kept reading it. (you should've seen her face when I suggested that SHE read it and that it wasn't evil at all, I think she would've hit me!) She also freaked out when she came home from shopping and found me reading Harry Potter and the socerors stone aloud to my step-sister, sister and brother. It was then she hid my Harry Potter books. (I found them at the top of the closet where she kept the vacuum cleaner and snuke them back to my room... I found the entire thing quite funny...
Queen of the Harpies chapter 6 . 7/27/2003
You could write something about the houses of Hogwarts. I mean, one thing I've always wondered: How can Slytherin be so blatantly evil? You'd think someone would notice by now..It's like BRAVERY! INTELLIGENCE! ACCEPTANCE! WIZARDING PURITY! Am I the only one who sees something wrong here? By the by, I myself prefer martini's to gin-and-tonics, but to each his own!
Lady Velvet chapter 1 . 7/27/2003
Ah, so there are others. I read the first Harry Potter before it got big. Christ, I DETESTED the films. Both of them!I used to be a pretty big maniac but I'm not anymore. I guess it's because of the fact that in the long wait in between book 4 and 5 I actually learnt a bit about writing techniques, and Rowling's isn't that great. But it's just some harmless fun. Now, I laugh my head off about what the Welsh translation is for the Hogwarts Express. Believe me, being forced to read Welsh books in Welsh lessons taught me a lot: the majority of Welsh books that I've read are CRAP. So I think I was entitled to laugh at Wfftipwff ;). Great insight into a sixteen year old's obsession about Harry Potter. Finally, I can say 'I wasn't the only one dammit!'.

Velvet
Rem chapter 6 . 7/26/2003
i get what your saying. Over at the Fiction Park message board, everyones always talking about Redeamed!Draco, or Sexy!Draco or Angsty!Draco. Nobody ever goes and talkes about Slimey git!Draco

coward!Draco or absolute wanker! Draco.
HoneyB chapter 6 . 7/26/2003
Hm, I agre with you about Draco. I hate him.

Anyway, I've got an essay for you: Petunia's reaction to the news that Voldemort was back. There seems to be something suspicious about it...
Siren Silver chapter 6 . 7/26/2003
Stupid little ugly piece of...damned git. I'm glad I'm not the only person in the world who can't stand Draco. Stupid git helped kill SIRIUS! Anyway, I whole heartedly understand being a Harry Potter Nut. I'm one of those people who latches on to a character and devotes herself to them...but in this case of obsession... I can't ever decide who my heart goes out too. I love dear Snivellus, and Lupin is adorable, and I adore Fred and George Weasley. I lust after Ron, (Hermione be damned) and Harry is *twitches*... Any one else like Luna Lovegood? I thought she was insane. I loved her too. But, digressing majorly, I can totally understand where you are coming from. Infact, I just reread the whole series last weekend. I'm obsessed. Good luck with your cravings, I hear drawing and looking at fan art helps the cravings die for a while. Side note, anyone else love the idea of Lupin hooking up with Tonks? Anybody?
riverdragongirl chapter 6 . 7/25/2003
I've just finished reading all your chapters, and since I'm a huge fan of HP I agree with you in practically everything.

Like you did, I researched a bit about satanism, occultism, and all that and I read all the things Christians say about HP (mind, when I say Christians I don't mean the religion founded by Jesus Christ, but the "sect" that appeared in later centuries, i.e., 20th)and it's absolute BS, because it's obvious they haven't even read the books, one person even stated that all the names that appeared in the books were names of demons, and he included the name of the mirror of Erised! Please! Didn't he realize it was just Desire spelled backwards?

About the Marauders, I feel quite identified with Lupin, and I think his appeal comes from his wisdom and how he cares for others, though he has suffered much he still has desire to help others, even those who have hurt him. Also the fatherly affection he shows to all students, not only Harry (didn't he encourage Neville to fight the boggart?) is one of his qualities. Sirius' death shocked me (I actually couldn't sleep, I had to read a lighter book for over an hour to calm myself a bit, I finally fell asleep at almost 4am!) but I'm glad Lupin is still there.

I think I've written too much, this is almost an essay! See you later, hope you write more!
244 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »