Reviews for Confessions of a Harry Potter Addict
Quiet One chapter 1 . 6/26/2003
This was great! I'm a true Harry fanatic, and I too resisted at first. I volenteared at our local library for a long time almost four years ago. The first three books were out, but it wasn't a HUGE deal yet where I lived. The librarian that I worked with however, kept trying to get me interested in them. At this time, I scoffed at all things fantesy. Why read something about magic and brooms and such, when you could read a nice sci-fi or historical fiction piece.

Then, my grandmother sent me the first book for a birthday present. I still ademently refused, and it sat on the kitchen counter for several months until on desperate day, a nasty storm hit and we lost power. And it stayed out for a week. Now I had nothing to do, and no new books in the house, so I grudingly picked up the first book... and had finished it by the end of the day.

And so on that fateful day four years ago, I was hooked. Sad I know. I'm like you though, I can probably answer anything about HP, and I've read the books at leat nine times each. (no exaggeration) with the exception of the order of the pheonix. I've only read that once, and I have to wait for my mum to finish it before I can re-read it. Ah well. Love the essay. Please write more!

Quiet One
Radyn chapter 1 . 6/26/2003
*Points and laughs at the strange girl*

Good, funny, stuff. I was never swept away by this Potter craze, although I did read the books when I had a chance. Anyway, people talking about themselves is sometimes the most boring thing to even have to read. It was admirable how you managed to keep my attention for the duration of the essay. Most excellent.
Dorothy Ann chapter 1 . 6/26/2003
I liked it! You sound exactly like me! I was hard headed and refused to read the books too. I finally rented the first movie, just because I had already seen all the other ones in the video store (well almost). I loved it, but I still wasn't convinced. Finally, when I saw the second movie, I decided to read the books. It was this Christmas I decided. So there I was, a seventeen year old, reading all the books over a five day period. Pathetic, huh? I swear, Harry Potter and crack are soon the same level. Once you try just a little of the first book you are hooked for life! Anyway, I liked your essay.
brie chapter 1 . 6/26/2003