Reviews for Confessions of a Harry Potter Addict
Unfinished Author chapter 4 . 9/7/2003
Another good one lol. Very funny, i loved it.
Unfinished Author chapter 3 . 9/7/2003
I laughed so hard i cried...
Unfinished Author chapter 2 . 9/7/2003
Glad to know i wasn't the only teenage person hanging around outside their local bookstore at midnight. The problem was in england we didn't have tickets so everyone got one that night... i didn't get any sleep... *sigh* and was so peeped up on caffine that i managed to read the intire first chapter whilst bouncing up and down to some extreamly loud rock music... at 2am... *sigh*
Unfinished Author chapter 1 . 9/7/2003
Lol. That was funny. I liked it alot *looks at the chapters* omg! theres more? *clicks*
Havoc chapter 7 . 9/6/2003
This was a treat. Your article on HP and satanism was just fun. Inspired to google Harry Potter and satanism. Over 70 hits. Even considering half of them probably have nothing to do with either, that's still a lot of people thinking about Harry and how he's after our souls. That's just weird. I also liked this last chapter, well considered. My husband agrees with you about Sirius. Well written. Good luck at college. You'll have both a lot of free time and surprisingly little, depending on the time of year. Hope to read more from you.
Sinical-Sarchasm chapter 7 . 9/1/2003
Hey! Nice ideas...I don't think, however, that Sirius is ever going to actually be resurrected, per se. I think Harry will certainly form some kind of contact with Sirius, however, it will not be the sort that involves Sirius coming back to the Earth, but rather perhaps Harry going down into another realm, so to speak. Take Aeneas, for example; he went into the underworld and spoke with his father, but his father didn't ever come back. I think Dumbledore made it quite clear that once a person is dead, he or she stays dead; however, there are ways that they can make some contact with the living (veil in book 5, reverse spell effect in book 4, memories in book 3, &c).

Also, with regards to the lack of closure re: Sirius' death/'death,' I think that the purpose of this was more to convey Harry's feeling of lack of closure than anything else...

Perhaps Harry will become involved with the work of the department of mysteries in this area...who knows? Anyway, that's just my two cents...*g* I know a lot of people probably disagree with me, but there you have it. Anyway, excellent job; you've made a very good argument. Good luck at college and I hope to read more from you soon...
asdgfoihfgklsdfgh chapter 3 . 8/27/2003
great. i love this.. all of this. very funny and very true. love it..

-KeaRz
Little Miss Mary chapter 7 . 8/22/2003
...That's all? I want more!
saintchris chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
I was going to read all of this stuff, but then I read the latest reviews and it looked like you were writing about the Order of the Phoenix in later chapters. Which I haven't read yet 'cos my girlfriend read it first. So I can't have it spoiled for me.

And I am older than 16, but to be honest I wouldn't read it in public - its too big to carry around conveniently.

Having said that though I have seen several people reading it in Princes Street Gardens here in Edinburgh at lunchtimes, and they are workers on their lunch. So don't be embarrassed...unless the next one requires a wheelbarrow to move it.
lilellenphant chapter 7 . 8/21/2003
Well, I have to say I do agree with you mostly... At first when you talked about how Sirius was coming back, I didn't believe you at all, but after reading this chapter I've been converted! (I also hold the belief that Neville is either going to be quite important later, or die, but I don't think that's very relevant, is it? :D) And I'm glad that there's SOMEONE out there who doesn't think Draco is the epitome of sexiness. *sighs* I'd appreciate if you let me know where to find some fanart of the Marauders (*drools*). Thanks! Great... writing? It's not a story, but it's sure interesting to read :). Keep writing!
Ingridtk chapter 7 . 8/20/2003
Good stuff,Yeah, I don't think Sirius is gone for good either, it's like my friend walking into a room, closing the door, and all of a sudden - she's dead.

When I read OOTP I was like EH? and I refused to belive he had died. I wouldn't be surprised if he came back in the 6th book.
Arctic Squirrel chapter 7 . 8/19/2003
I agree, I don't think we have seen the last of Sirius. But I am not of the opinion that he will be comming back from the dead, either. I think we may see some interaction between him and Harry, but I figure Rowling will go for the jugular there b/c Sirius CAN'T come back. I read in one of the numerous Harry Potter articles that Rowling said that Harry would find out that death is final... the hard way. eek...
Selene Silverwing chapter 7 . 8/19/2003
from a reader's stand point and partially a writer's stand point, I can see and would love a triumphant return of our dearly departed Sirius. Yet, a deep nagging part of me keeps saying that he'll come back "temporarily" or something along that line... like obi-wan did for luke every once in a while (using your example, sorry) During the battle between Sirius and Mrs. Weasley at the beginning, it sunk in that Sirius was going to get killed off because for some reason he was the "expendable" character. He had nothing to do I guess you could say (though that doesn't mean he isn't important!). He was just there in the house.

Me as a writer, I would bring Sirius back for a bit and then kill him off again. It isn't because I hate Sirius, in fact he's my favorite character in the book, its just that that creates a lot of emotional drama. Any epic you run into you have to have drama, and that would be it. Either him or Dumbledore... but if you want more elaborations on my predictions there then Email me... I don't want to take up alot of space here.

Till your next entry my addict friend... *bows*
Magentian chapter 7 . 8/19/2003
Hmm... so that's what you think, eh? Well, I suppose it all amounts to whther or not Rowling will follow the archetypes to the very end. The archway WAS very suspicious, I'll admit. And, odd as it may be, Luna's comment either passed me by or struck me as having no meaning whatsoever. Of course, I'm not hanging on any information that will provide fitting excuse for Padfoot's return... and I know it can be easy to find little hints like that.

Still, though, placing myself in Rowling's shoes... it would be rather hard to think of bringing about a Sirius-ressurection, as well as taking care of all the other crap, i.e., Hagrid's Creature Of The Year, Voldie's Daring Plot 'O The Year, what the rest of the Order is doing, Romantic Interest Of The Year, and all that jazz, not to mention exam results and a couple of random oglops thrown in for seasoning. You never know what she has up her sleeve, of course... but, like Sunflower, I have to say that Rowling, though she does seem to be following a standard kind of layout for HP, would be making an INCREDIBLY lame choice to resurrect someone who was already dead, especially if she only did it for the fans or for her own closure. That's something of a wimp way out. Not to mention, if Padfoot did come back, what would she do with him? What would his role be? And there is that little, highly-publicized matter of what she did when she killed Sirius that truly defeats my opponents (the neighborhood kids, lol) over why Sirius won't be coming back. She cried. Would she have done that if his little mortuary vacation was only temporary?

Nevertheless, this was an interesting read, helps my mind wake up in time for school, as well... _ I wonder if Harry will develop an obsession with death, though? That'd be something cool to see... it's kind of odd, how Ginny wanted to stop and look at the Time Room, and Harry wanted to stop and go through the archway in the Death Room... I should write a fanfiction on that... *scurries off to find a pen* Of course, what I'd really like is to see Harry/Luna... but perhaps that'd be too warped. Still... _

Eagerly awaiting the next installment!
SnoopyWanderLust chapter 7 . 8/18/2003
Ahh! Joseph Campbell! The Power of Myth! Follow your bliss!

I saw a Bill Moyers interview of him once, didn't know his name at the time, but he was one cool dude. I learned his name after and reading this I was wondering, "Why is that name so familiar?"

And yes, he does seem the type to have a wet dream over Harry Potter and Ms. Rowling.

For the record, I never believed Sirius was dead either. Except for the whole "the cute one always dies" theory.

We shall see. When does the 6th one come out?
244 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »