Reviews for Beautiful Antoinette
Deana Bell chapter 1 . 9/22/2003
Beautiful. Your imagery is wonderful.

~God bless~
Cianna Greenwood chapter 1 . 9/12/2003
A beautiful web of melancholy. I haven't read such good poetry in a long time. Makes me sad, and makes me feel somewhat inadequate, considering the general level of my poems (unless they were an accident). This is going on my fav stories list. Keep writing.
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 1 . 8/2/2003
wow, amazing poem.

i mean the whole atmosphere was pure gentleness, tender feelings, and the saddest twinge to it. so fragile and delicate, i just was on an emotional brink the while time i was reading it, it was just i dont know, there are no words.

such learning it was painful, i think it was the way you phrased so many of the lines as questions which really made the mood, the wondering and looking back quality.

i truly cannot choose my fav line because they are all so mneaingful and bring so much to the poem, so ill leave you with one massive kudos and welldone.
glitterjewele chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
GORGEOUS.

i am left absolutely breathless by this piece. after it was over i just sat here staring for a few moments, and then realized my mouth was slightly ajar and actually had to slap myself to come back to my senses. there is an almost ethereal beauty to this, a captivating essence of sadness and acceptance mingling *perfectly* ~ almost like watching a flawless dance. i . . . i don't even know where to begin, lol you've actually managed to render me speechless! and you are the first person to do that in a LONG time, lemme tell ya. whew, okay, deep breath. *rereads poem* the relationships in here are so stunning, there's like this infinite tenderness about everything that's honestly heartbreaking. i mean, i found myself completely sympathizing with EVERYONE, which NEVER happens. you'd think that you'd be feeling at least some kind of irritation or anger or at the very least a vague sense of resentment toward antoinette, but it's perfectly impossible to! how did you do it? *rereads poem yet again* alright, it's official, i'm on the brink of tears. this poem is going on my favorite stories list (and i rarely put poems on there). all the emotions in this are so unspeakably delicate and somehow flexible, yet they're still so incredibly *real*, which shouldn't be allowed because NORMALLY things have to be really harsh and down to earth to make emotions really take shape and hit home ~ at least in my experience. the situation is so simple and so strange at once, but it somehow meshes so beautifully that way. in fact, if this is the result of starting "out hoping for one message, then ending trying for another," then i am SO glad it happened, it gives the piece just the right amount of enchantment and mystery, and you combine those with just the right amount of emotion and reality ~ the perfect recipe! :) this poem is absolutely exquisite. i almost didn't want to pick favorite lines from it because everything feels like it can't be pulled apart, and everything is *so* beautiful that it's very nearly impossible to choose anyway, but . . . here goes: "beautiful antoinette," "the solidity of his skin," "she loves him like i never could/she loves him like i always would" (that part just ripped my heart assunder, i swear ~ it's my favorite of the favorites), "promise me you'll let him hold you," "concealed in his arms," and "feeling his memory/like a raindrop." *sigh* i'm still all choked up. this is beautiful beyond words and beyond measure. TRANSCENDANT. without a doubt my favorite of your poems (at least thus far, and you may rest assured that i will return to read more of them VERY soon indeed). thank you so, so much for posting it. KUDOS chica.
kamikaze899 chapter 1 . 7/14/2003
i really like poems that make one think.. a fun read! keep up the good work
not sure yet chapter 1 . 7/14/2003
very sad and pretty, muchly enjoyed this one too, excellent job
pleasecometrue chapter 1 . 7/13/2003
Once again, great flow. I love the way some lines rhyme with with another and some don't (and I don't know if you do this on purpose or unconsciously.) Either way, it's a great style.
Salim Narek chapter 1 . 7/8/2003
I like this.. You know, I get sick of cliche work. This isn't cliche at all. Is Antionette from anywhere in particular, or a fictional character? Oh well. I like it anyway. My suggestion would be using punctuation (it can convey as moch as words, when used properly).
Artima Hadanna chapter 1 . 6/27/2003
I don't know what you were trying to say either, but whatever it was, it's great! Very nice perspective that I haven't seen documented in angsty love-poetry before!

You're a Pagan? Majoro neato! I'm a sole practitioner! (claps insanely, excited to find someone of a like-mind)

Thanks for the review, by the by, and keep up the intriguing work!
Kyalia chapter 1 . 6/27/2003
The words speak for themselves, even if you don't know what they're saying. I like this one.
LadyGawain chapter 1 . 6/27/2003
*sniff* That would make a good love story. I reccomend the port Edgar Allan Poe to you if you havn't read any of his poems yet.
armatageShanx chapter 1 . 6/26/2003
Hey, June 24th was my birthday! One cool word for this poem? . . . Beautiful!