Reviews for JRR Tolkien
TaschaBear chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
I LOVE THIS ONE! I REALLY LOVE THIS HAIKU!

NICELY DONE!

Nessa
Elbereth141 chapter 2 . 7/15/2004
He inspires us all. Though, if he was here today, we probably wouldn't have a movie as when he got asked by some company if they could do a cartooned version, he said no.
Elbereth141 chapter 1 . 7/15/2004
TOLKIEN ROCKS THE WORLD! GO LOTR GO LOTR GO LOTR!
ehem, really liked the haiku, Tolkien is great for the inpiration type thing. :) :) :) :)! Onto the fave poems list!
elvenstorm chapter 2 . 6/10/2004
Wahey! Possibly the greatest subject you could ever have! Nice poem and a great dedication to a great man.
vturnip chapter 1 . 5/18/2004
He had such a great imagination. On the poem: short and true.
KnightDragon chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
Truthful, meaningful in such short space, though I have to say it's odd considering there's very little fictional writing here, much less fantasy fiction. Though I'm sure "Tolkien" can be interpreted as more than just an epic writer with an amazingly large cult following.
Amara Ryden chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
nice. i'm actually doing a research/biography report on Tolkien. )
Toondra chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
Short, simple & sweet. I like it. Tolkien was one of the most inpiring people, 3 of my freinds call them selves Tolkienites..yesh..good job
Toon
DMTS chapter 1 . 3/3/2004
I have this annoying bad habit of counting up syllables on my fingers when I read a Haiku or something like one..And it gets annoying..When concidering I had to re-count the bottom line six times before I got it right XD
Tolkien has inspired a lot of people it seems (hey have you read that one book? I'd say the title but I don't really remember it, I never read it for myself. But from what one of my friends told me about it, it sounds like it was either written by Tolkien or inspired by him. Think you'd like it...I'll tell ya if I ever get the idea in my head to ask when I see that person who read it in case.). Very good. And true. Tolkien's the main reason so many of my friends write. And they actually do pretty well on it because they try to immitate his style..But they change it as they go..Makin' it Tolk-inal (Tolkien-Original). DROPP KIKKIN'! (VERY COOL!)
cosmo-queen chapter 2 . 1/13/2004
I loved ROTK too, I'm seeing it again tomorrow, yay!
*cosmo-queen*
godawful teen-angst poetry chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
*smile* he is inspiring...and rotk was amazing, yes.
~lyv
OryssaV chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
Obviously there is a lot of JRR Tolkien's fans out there! I loved "The Return of the King"... it was so good... though afterwards I walked like a duck because my legs hurt... but it was worth it. What only pissed me off was the amount of trash on the floor... seriously! PEOPLE ARE PIGS!
About your haiku: I wrote some before... yours is good... though I don't think it follows strict rules of haiku writtings. I don't mean the syllables, just there should be some transition to nature somewhere... haiku is about combining two unlikely things in a comparison, a similie or metaphor.
Though, you may argue that death is part of nature... and I don't know if I would win this argument. :)
teh tarik chapter 2 . 12/27/2003
Yeah! Go Tolkien! I so love the movie and the books and we all have to agree his work is awesome and our inspirations. I haven't seen ROTK yet though T_T
Winter's Roar chapter 2 . 12/22/2003
Yeah, the movies def rock my socks! I wish he could be here to see them, but i'm sure he would be proud of all the people like you that he's inspired. You have a gift, so keep him and everything else that inspires you around and never stop writing.
~ winter
waterbaby chapter 1 . 12/7/2003
if he new, im sure he would be proud to have inspire someone like you
33 | Page 1 .. Last Next »