Reviews for Ode To My Freshman Year
Schubiegirl chapter 1 . 4/2/2004
this inspires me alot, and it's kinda crazy but i can relate to some of the things you said like:
The homecoming dance was definitely crap,
for the love of crumb cakes, they played terrible rap!
Learned not to care what other people think about you,
cause in the end, to who are you trying to prove?
There were Michelle Branch days and those of homie.
Sarah learned how to jam on guitar,
I thought I was going to go insane after all my friends has seen X:2 save for me.
Still quite puzzled at the remarks from the new kid.
Became quite irrate after murmurs of freak and goth and barking in school.
To those who think they are gods, guess whom will be making more than you!
Am definitely never going to be in the cool crowd.
All I can say is that, hell, I don't care! I'm proud.
The only thing that's the opposite is that tapping shoulders and looking away is still something fun for me and my freinds.
Ruarc chapter 1 . 10/25/2003
Freshman year... let's not get me started on that. Poor me, no friends at that school. Evilevil high school.

But I like the poem. It made me smile (and a little jealous, but hey, what can ya do?). Very cool poem.
SpawnMeister666 chapter 1 . 8/18/2003
Confession time...I'm too old to remember what school was like, except I didn't like it much!

I think this is one that would mean a lot to you and your friends, and for that reason alone it should be up here with everything else...

Doesn't do much for me though I'm afraid...although considering I've come this far before finding one I wasn't keen on,(and bear in mind I dont like poetry much)!, I'm gonna plough right on through the rest of your work!

Spawny
Saranacian Freak chapter 1 . 8/15/2003
I liked it...I tried to review it before, but my computer's being evil. Freshman year really sucks. Actually, can we just generalize and say high school really sucks? I went through a lot of crap freshman year (and sophomore year, and junior year) from the upperclassmen, so I've always tried to avoid using my seniority against people. I guess that's why I'm not a drum majorette...I liked the line "Classmates finding out we dressed up as hobbits made them really question our insanity that day." I dressed as Sean Astin for "Winter Spirit Week"...ACK! It was a bit traumatic. I should probably write about it and post it, but...hey, I need to shut up now. Cool poem/story thingy.
BC Andrews chapter 1 . 7/10/2003
Hey, you could make a comedy out of your freshman year! lol! That's so great! Man, if all years were like that...
Another To Forget chapter 1 . 6/28/2003
Our Freshman years...sigh...wouldn't have made it through with out you. I'll never forget the football games, the brownies, and the countless jokes no one else that were funny, but we laughed for days, weeks, even mothes at. Weird looks, the loudest lunch table, embarrasing those who tried to steal our precious space. We made it through Algebra I and even passed Algebra to with out going insane (some may wish to argue that though). And we're still alive after pissing off most of the senoirs and a bunch of others by being ourselves. Ah, senoir profiles, never forget those.

Anyway, I liked the poem alot. You're a great friend.

Sarah