Reviews for Oh! Super Shukumorinebanzai no Chikara Love Apples
Megyan chapter 1 . 8/8/2009
This is so funny, it's really well done, I love it! Hehe, great Western Otaku dictionary thing, I laughed so hard! Just all round great, Please update! Keep writing!
OverweightShinobi chapter 1 . 8/5/2004
minna-san konnichiwa chan kawaii! It sounds SO japanese! Hello, I am perky! SOUNDS JUST LIKE DA REAL THINGS!
Corisu Li chapter 1 . 2/11/2004
XD Hilarious! I especially liked the.. odd.. characterization. It makes me think that some 'Western Otakus' actually take hints from your little guide... *snorts* Love Apples... priceless! _
Maru chapter 1 . 1/15/2004
The japanese word for youre welcome is dou itashimashite.
dawningfear chapter 1 . 1/12/2004
Yay code-mixing!
To mess about with words in everyday speech is great fun... when you know what you're saying...
Funny western culture... Manga writing reminds me of a shirt that was on sale in a mainstream-clothing-store-that-shall-remain-nameless. A lovely chinese/kanji character, accented nicely by small flowers, adorned said shirt's front. Random girlies flipped through the racks looking for their size, not bothering to ask what the character in fact meant (and even had they asked, they would have probably been told 'destiny' 'love' 'sexy' or perhaps 'princess'). Ignorance aside, one is left with a question; what did the shirt in fact say?
Well, allow me to enlighten you and end this long-winded remotely-related anecdote:
The character meant 'table'.
I suppose that warrants a rather large sweatdrop.
Good fun and good satire ~
And in the words of a true otaku:
Ja~! Anata wa sugoi midori kata ga hoshi desu!
_
Zagwiggle chapter 1 . 11/5/2003
oh my gosh! that was the funniest thing I have read in at least 4 minutes! I feel really stupid about all the stories I've written and tried to make Japanese, but, oh well! ;) Being a corny Otaku is fun fun fun! I feel perky! I should go get my sailor uniform! Arigatou! What an odd little satire! Ok, bye-bye! (or sayanara)
orangefreak33 chapter 1 . 10/20/2003
*laughs*

*laughs more*

Can I get one of those guidebooks so I can burn it?
Miruku-chan chapter 1 . 10/9/2003
lmao...that's hillarious. amazingly enough i already knew otaku was used as an insult. that was funny. write more! ah and you forgot one important word on your list

ONEGAI!
Aeitul chapter 1 . 7/19/2003
Unfortunately, so much of this is true (from the typical anime plot and characters to the Western Otakus). Of course, there are many exceptions. I thank everything that I hold sacred for those exceptions.

I do hope you add onto this sometime in the future. I'd like to see the manga that Author (LOVE the name) comes up with.
NeoFight chapter 1 . 7/16/2003
*falls off chair laughing*

Thanks. I needed that.
Nyaa chapter 1 . 7/8/2003
Randomly-long-review-which-is-somewhat-boring...

You should continue this... perhaps including the story author eventually writes... or not. it just seems to have an odd ending for a one-shoter. Or maybe that's just me.

Good satire, though... I don't read all that manga fanfictionmor original fiction (and when I do if I see the -chan/sugoi everywhere i run and hide, anyways, but I've heard enough rants about it to see the humour in this. Yay! good story.

One last thing... I really think that otaku's have more japanese words than that...Or maybe that's just because they use them so often. _
midary chapter 1 . 7/8/2003
::laughs histarically:: ah! this is so great! i used to be an otaku! i wrote a few mary sue ronin warriors stories with some friends, and my freinds and i came up with our own anime-ish storyline, but i never got this bad! i do find it hard to not write in sweatdrops and facefaults when i'm doing a story tho. ::starts laughing again and ends up falling over:: this was so me and my friends tho! one of my freinds actually carried around a jpanese/english dictionary... and we used the few words we knew all the time when we talked to eachother! ah, you gotta add more to this.

just so anyone who reads this knows, i'm not laugghing at the otaku population i'm laughing because i can truely relate to this.
Morbane chapter 1 . 7/7/2003
Keep going, keep going, I want to see the first episode. One thing definitely made me crack up laughing:

-chan: USE IT! NOW!

HA! Oh dear, this makes me very, very wary of the anime genre. Apart from that, you really do need some more, or make the conclusion sound like you've come to the end of things. Maybe there should be a bit more Author actions/dialogue after the guidebook excerpt. I don't know.
penchant chapter 1 . 7/6/2003
hey, this is a very cute idea! i like how you listed some of the most common stereotypes and made it funny [it was very funny]. hehe, i just loved the idea of the guidebook!
Yami Crystal chapter 1 . 7/5/2003
Sarah:Quite good. It was funny of what it said about rippin the page out and eatin it. .

Crystal:Oh Ra. You should do that too.

Sarah:. Watch it! I can alter you cuz I'm the authoress and you're my anime counter that I created.

Cryst:And I'm the yami!_

Sarah and Crystal:*Knock the yami's lights out.*