Reviews for A Typical Romantic Fantasy Story
Cadet Wolf chapter 4 . 3/16/2004
This is an interesting story. Please update. :)
TurtleGoddess chapter 4 . 3/16/2004
This is really good so far. I think you have a mix of your own ideas and typical stuff from fantasy/romance stories mixed together, which is fine. I hope you'll keep writing!
- SweetMisery
DuchessAilene chapter 4 . 3/12/2004
I like your story so far. There's nothing wrong with the occassional token story ;-) . I hope you update quickly, I'm anxious to see where your plot is going. Good job so far!
aren3 chapter 4 . 3/11/2004
Not bad at all. Sometimes you want an original, life changing, thought inspiring story and sometimes you just want a nice old fashioned rainy summer afternoon fairy tale. This story is one of the latter and so far is a fairly good example of one.
Alyra chapter 1 . 1/22/2004
Hello Ermie!
Thanks very much for the review on Seven Years of Roses, I know it's stupid (hey, I wrote it when I was 13!) but reviews always boost me up. I will look on rewriting the first chapter a bit, since for some reason I didn't write very much about the encounter. I will never understand myself. Anyway, since I ahve such a problem finishing stories (as you seem to have, heh) I did something called NaNoWriMo last year. You can find it on . You write a 50,0 word novel in one month, and boy is it hectic, but it works. Now I'm working on something else, inspired by Patricia McKillip (as always) which is rubbish, but a lot of fun to write. I might post it on fictionpress someday, once I've rewritten it to a decent standard. I would love to keep in contact with you, perhaps it will inspire me to greater levels! (and maybe I will even find my plot, which has hidden from me since I first started writing) It would be easier if I could just email you, though. You don't have to give me your address, but just in case you don;t mind, here is mine:
I go to .com a lot, if you like reading then you would always be welcome to join! Sorry if I'm being too bouncy. ; ) This is the first time I've been reviewed before, probably because this is the first time I've gathered up enough courage to put a story online. Thank you very much for all the comments, from-
Alyra.
Alyra chapter 3 . 1/21/2004
I know I've read this before, but I wanted to say-again-that I love this story. PLEASE will you submit chapter 4?
Leah Claire chapter 1 . 9/18/2003
HAHAHA!

This has nothing really to do with your story, and for that I apologize. But I'm working on a story at the moment where a significant (and as yet unseen) character is named Ermie. I'd sincerely thought I just made up the name. Which, when you think about it, I had. Except other people had made it up before me. The past stole all my best ideas, damn it.

Anyway, I read about half of this chapter for the courtesy of it because it seemed slightly rude to just barge in and not even give it a glance, and the writing is quite good. I'm just not very interested in typical romantic fantasy, it seems. But I applaud your proofreading and proper construction of sentences-and good dialog. Bravo. The readers of typical romantic fantasy should rejoice and keep you well stocked in reviews.
Dreaming One chapter 3 . 9/15/2003
I like it! It's cute, and promising. You don't seem to think so, though. lol. You stopped writing it! Silly you! I wish you'd continue. If you can write a cliche story and get through it without being flamed too often, then you've got skill! hehehe. If I were you, I'd continue this for the challenge. *wink*

Keep Writing!

~May
Dreaming One chapter 2 . 9/15/2003
It's not that cliche, you know. Most of the stories aren't of Princesses being sent off to escape. Usually, they run away for a life of adventure, lol. *rolls eyes* But, the classic stories are so much fun. As long as it's well-written, I'll read it.

This, is well written, and I find myself dreading the fact that you haven't finished more than three chapters.

Malick is cool so far. I like him. We haven't seen much of his actual character yet, but what we have seen has been good.

Calina is a bit typical for this plot, but it works, and it was your intention. She's not sickeningly sweet, so I'm cool with her. ;) Leana is interesting. I like her, too. The trusty sidekick.

Reading on...
Dreaming One chapter 1 . 9/15/2003
Hey ermie! Oh, goodness, I need to apologize! You left me a review some time ago, which was ~actually~ a request for me to review you, lol, and I never got around to it. Sorry. *grins sheepishly*

Anyway, I saw this cliche romance in your profile and had to read it. ;)

So far, I'd say it's good. There are no technicalities I can call you on, and even though it's cliche, the characterization is good so far.

Ahem, I repeat, 'so far'...

I'll read the rest now. hehehe.
I am Gone chapter 3 . 9/15/2003
Even though it is rather cliche' as you said in the summary .It is quite good. I really like your romantic scenes and Calin a fun character.

I would like to see some more descriptions perhaps. Other then that I really liked it.
meaningless chapter 3 . 7/25/2003
Nicely written, although in some spots after you have defined the pov in a paragraph you dont have to use their names again, just she/he would suffice.

Also :

"she lay back and released her skirts so they fell around her feet"

Grammer errors here but ima sure someone has already mentioned this.

I dont normally point out every detail in errors, but as in reading that you liked to improve by peer comments I made specific mentions. Again, Very nicely written although I would have to say Im one of those people who whould have liked more original story lines and more twists and turns.

not luv triangles, luv squares-Meaningless
lostinscotland chapter 3 . 7/16/2003
eek! magi and spies and fleeing away! wes wants to come, how cute. maybe not so cute later, but we'll let that slide for the nonce. i saw nothing to correct in this chapter- good work! i hope you update this, it's really interesting!
lostinscotland chapter 2 . 7/16/2003
you insist that this is cliche, but i'm not buying it.

anyhoo, onto the crits, as you seem determined to get it, and i do so love to nitpick ::winsome smile:: ahem..anyway...

*The horse, a gorgeous bay stallion, grabbed her attention immediately, but she forebore to speak*

forebore? there is no such word...you could make that a bit clearer.

*She could from its steady, alert gaze that it had been handled and trained well with the gentlest hands*

forgot a verb in there. she could tell, she could discern? something like that

*Wes," The stablehand looked up from his currybrush and awaited instructions*

try a period after Wes. with the comma there, it seems that the next words should be "the king continued" or something like that...

anyways, very nice chapter, building up the tension and all that. good work! and now i read onwards...
lostinscotland chapter 1 . 7/16/2003
meh, nice title. i understand the getting soemthing out of one's system thing. i just started a project on a runaway princess, trying to make it dreadully original...but that's irrelevant!

my only real crit is... when they address each other as "my lord" and "my lady" as fine and good and proper as all that is, sometimes you capitalize it, sometimes you don't, and i couldn't really find any reason to differentiate.

also..

*She uncrossed her arms and hastily brushed a few strands of blond out of her eyes.*

i know what you mean there, but blond is not a noun unless referring to a person. well, technically it can be a noun at other times, too, but that just sounds awkward. try 'blond hair' or some such nonsense.

anyhoo, onward!