Reviews for the piano player
itsonlyreality chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
this is beautiful. You are a far better writer than i could ever hope to be.
Another Pseudonym chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
there's some great imagery here.
dark, despite all the talk of dancing in pink tutus and biting ears.
"i found a beautiful cotton cloth
that travels across me so kindly"
great line(s).
Shadow Gryphon chapter 1 . 10/4/2004
Well, like you asked, I went to the older poems. And its good!
APersonAndAHalf chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
I don't know how anyone could think this was about music. Obvious metaphor. And for once, I think I actually GET it...I mean, normally I understand peoms, but I think I could actually EXPLAIN this one. Amazing, isn't it? It was the lack of summary and the short title that lured me to read this, great technique.
A. Person
Rugged Hamster chapter 1 . 5/6/2004
Oh...reminds me of something I wrote. I like this better though...the whole "tutu" idea was very well-placed.
Also, if you want wild and crazy and different, try kitschy (sp?)! Whatever, she's in my favorites list. AMAZING. Makes me want to stop writing, so darn good :)
la nuit mes yeux t'eclairent chapter 1 . 3/24/2004
ah, now this is lovely. the repetition and smooth transitions and yay. it flows so very well, with the subtle maybe-intended-rhyme and whatnot. i especially like:
"and i think i just might push him in
i'll make him bloodier than he's ever been"
leaves such a... serenely passive aggressive image. kudos!
(and thank you for your flattering reviews. i'm glad to see someone gets the bigger, more important picture, lol)
this is britt chapter 1 . 3/22/2004
This was just, close to perfection. It was so wonderful.
Razor Sharp Kisses chapter 1 . 2/5/2004
This one is beautifully eerie. It conveys the emotions to a T of how I feel when thinking of piano players. So lonely but so full of ideas. I love the use of pink tutu's and glass blowers.
Be Summer Rain chapter 1 . 8/16/2003
That was great, keep writing.

Don't worry, I'm just kidding. Well, I'm serious, but that's not all my review.

I loved the bit about falling on prism shards. The whole thing was vivid and the emotions cam across so clearly. You must have a rather extensive vocabulary, or else have easy access to a thesaurus. Either way, it's served you well, because the words you chose really helped make your poem great.

It's going on my favorites list...
Chibi Gangster chapter 1 . 8/12/2003
Normally, I don't like poetry, but this was wonderful. Whimsical, touching, and slightly unsettling (which is what made it so interesting to read). Thank you for writing this.
Mishael chapter 1 . 7/12/2003
I've just read all your poems and I think this is my favourite...there's something sweet and understated about it -'the mood-setter, the quiet, invisible lover' - beautiful :) I love the style of your writing, it's wonderfully original.

And thank you so much for reviewing my poems, you really made my day! :D
DefianceIsMe chapter 1 . 7/10/2003
I really like they way you portray music

"all you can do is disappear

until i'm quiet again

and you come out of thin air"

Also I like those few lines repeated in the summary and twice in the piece...

"I'm the mood-setter,

the quite, invisible lover"

Then that last line was very effective as well. GJ. _
childstar chapter 1 . 7/10/2003
This is really lyrical and evocative...well done! I love the sort of alliteration with the words ending in - er at the start and you maintain well the same kinds of moods and images throughout the poem. If you have a minute could you review my story? I would really appreciate it.