Reviews for Harps of Ash
Black Tangled Heart chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
You don’t sound like you’re trying to impress anyone with your vocabulary, and yet your words reach an exquisite level because you paint colour and emotion and eloquence into each word.
Talon Blackwood chapter 1 . 8/16/2003
BOO!- FOUND YOU!

Heh, anyway, THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL. GOREGEOUS GORGEOUS GOREGEOUS I ABSOLOUTLEY LOVED THE WORD CHOICE

*snobby acent* Simply, marvelous, darling. Well, ta-ta.

*snicker*
RiskaMemory chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
Wow. That's awesome. You have great imagery. Terrific job. You are really talented with words.
not sure yet chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
wow, very interesting, i like it a lot, excellent imagery and well written, nicely done
Ishuzu chapter 1 . 8/3/2003
How do you even make creepy, death-related stuff sound beautiful? *iz jealous* Anyway, I loved this poem as well, but I had to ask you a question: What is 8Bit theater? I was reading your bio and there were a lot of quotes from them. I knew most of the stuff: LOTR, The Princess Bride , Monty Python (they rock)... Hey, btw, if your looking for a dark-humor, romance-story, cult-classic movie; try Harold and Maude... It's the best. My favorite movie Anyway, ciao
UnknownWanderer chapter 1 . 8/1/2003
Finally, someone who writes great poetry. I see you also like 8-bit theatre, that alone made me add you to my favorites list :P
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 1 . 7/26/2003
interesting, i especially liked the images, they were very strong and lovely. in fact i really cant say anything else, the poem on a whole speaks for its self in its beauty but i guess my fav line would hvae to be "Chanting mournful requiems" i just really like the word requiem lol, im terrible. anyway, kudos this was lovely.
obsidian katana chapter 1 . 7/19/2003
wonderful poem! i love your wording, describes the harps well. nice personification. i really like this. great job!
Psycho-kyugurl chapter 1 . 7/16/2003
Great choice of words and I decided to leave my comment this way. I do realize that you have terrific talent and I am really impressed. I'm no good on figuring the literative meaning. Lovely piece!
cosmo-queen chapter 1 . 7/15/2003
Don't ask me to interpret it, because I am no good at it and would only spoil your great poem! Maybe some poems are not meant to make sense? But I liked this nevertheless, it was very well-written with great word pairings. Keep up the great work :)

*cosmo-queen*
soulspring chapter 1 . 7/14/2003
such a beautiful piece with vivid imagery. your word choice is really superb. as for title and genre, i think what you have right now fits well. anyways, awesome job!

p.s. thanks for all your reviews )!
Shadafakup chapter 1 . 7/13/2003
A very elegant choice of words.. Beautiful piece with really amazing imagery.. I admit I don't get the Whole point of the piece but all the same it was a pleasure to read.. These lines "Tainted harps of murdered faith

Engraved with swords of misted rose" stuck to me the most.. So equisite.. Aweseom piece, rather thought-provoking as well..

About the title- well, I thought it fitted perfectly.. For the category, I'm not really sure where it should go because I thought fantasy was good enough..
Dessert Recipe chapter 1 . 7/12/2003
See? I told you I'd get around to reviewing something else you wrote! Took me a while and you've probably forgotten all about me now but oh well _

Now that poem was very, very nice. I totally LOVED the imagery you created of...uh...darkness and stuff _;; Hmm, I'll have to go back and re-read it to figure out what it's about. Keep writing!
Keep it 100 chapter 1 . 7/12/2003
The title rocks! Other titles I thought of were: Exile's Ash, Realm of Ash, and Realm of Exile. But compared to the title you have, those aren't that great.

I would leave this under Fantasy and sub-genre this under fantasy/spiritual.

*pants*

Now for the review! Every line painted such a detailed picture. You used such great imagery and conveyed a surreal image that showed such sadness and despair. You're going on my favorite's list.

Heart of the Sword
Aisling Grey chapter 1 . 7/12/2003
Beautiful poem! It tends to make me think of a Bard who is remembering times past. Times when knights fell and villans won. Of when lords and ladies no longer mattered. I love the lines: Stroke rusted cords of fallen gold, and Chimes of dismal exile.