Reviews for Why do you say I'm different?
pointythings chapter 1 . 9/2/2004
You need to make a decision; should it rhyme, or shouldn't it? It switches around too much. Otherwise, it's cool.
willow-41z chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
That was very expressive and truthful.
Joey7691 chapter 1 . 7/15/2004
My sentiments exactly. My infamous future brother in law (that i'm sure you've heard about from my profile), Nigel, is very racist and not just against black people. I think we should all be treated equally! Nigel is a racist, pigheaded, morinic bastard who refuses to see two sides to everything. But, surprisingly, he is no more sexist than most males. But I still hate him. Anyway, I'll stop raving on now, I loved this poem and agree with it in every way.
Lil Sis chapter 1 . 6/5/2004
That is really deep and I love it how you really grab from the point of view of a person with different colored skin. And I love it because I have many friends with black skin, yet I have white skin. But there is really no difference like the color of your eyes they can be blue or brown or green but doesnt matter because they are still the eyes the people have i this world.
The L1zard Queen chapter 1 . 5/26/2004
It's a good poem that has a strong message. Some parts I found flowed beautifully, while others... eh, not so well. But I still like it.
Someone Out There Cares chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
This poem slightly reminded me of the song "White and Black" from the 70's, I forget which artist.
And I loved this poem a lot, how true it was.
imxnotxyourxstar chapter 1 . 1/27/2004
I liked this one...strong message. Keep up the good work! btw thanks for the review.
Lsay312
WillowWhiskers chapter 1 . 9/22/2003
Oh wow. Thats so neat.I loves the part that said -

My blood's red.

I'm tired of slavery,

I'm tired of wars.

Nifteh.
Mayotan chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
This is one very true poem and the way you've brought it to life is just... wowies!

It's perfect, and reflects the people greatly.

To cut all those short, it's a great piece of work!
Kylia Ravencraft chapter 1 . 7/31/2003
I really like this poem. It really depresses me how much people use appearence, especially color, as a basis for judgement.

For the record, I'm white, my best friend is Filipino, my cousin is mixed, and my goddaughter's Hispanic. I love them all just the same. I wish everyone could.
bgpresto chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
I am reading your works. I think this poem is very insightful. You have put yourself into the other person's shoes. However, life is not bad for all blacks and life is bad for many whites. Nevertheless, enjoyed the poem.
Mime chapter 1 . 7/24/2003
Well, your poem brings back a dream from quite a while ago...I remember hearing someone asking them if they thought they were human. The other person drew out a knife from no where, and made a small slash on that person's arm, and then he did they same thing to himself. When red blood began to poor out from both people's arms, I think the first person smilied...anywayz...
apriltruro chapter 1 . 7/22/2003
observant. very thoughtful and thought provoking.

gives us all plenty to think about!
Undraya chapter 1 . 7/17/2003
Hey that was really good! You might want to try a steadier tempo, because it could make your poem feel more like a song. Other than that, the things you pointed out are true and have character.

thanks for reviewing my story!