Reviews for The Paradox of a President
Buddhist Warrior chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Yeah,Bush was a total ***hole. He got us into a war for no reason whatsoever( that's not sarcasm by the way.) well, I wouldn't exactly say "no reason." just that the reason in question didn't really exist.
Pollack chapter 1 . 9/1/2004
I'd like to publish this essay in an anthology of essays I'm compiling. Please e-mail me if you're interested,
-Alessandra Palmer
President of Kahloesque International
Wesley The Dark Prince chapter 1 . 8/18/2003
That was very well written, it was also very true. The American goverment was spending, like, a hundred billion dollars on protecting the country when two planes slammed into the twin towers, so much for protection.
Nebulae chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
Are you done with your rant? Good. (1) Not everything the US does is simply for it's own good. Clinton went into Yugoslavia to stop genocide. Is that somehow wrong to you? I read most of it after that one line, but personally, after your point that all governments parties are greedy corrupt bastards (which may very well be true), it seemed pointless to read the rest, as it only proves what most of us believe.
Mbwun chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
You have a lot of excellent points. I guess a lot of people don't see the similarities between Clinton and Bush Jr. because Clinton was a politician of unsurpassed skill (in the political arena, that is). He was a master of the game that is American politics, and Bush is ... not, though many of his advisers are.

And as long as we're being nitpicky, it's technically an M1A2:)

He Who Walks On All Fours
James Jago chapter 1 . 7/14/2003
Sadly true. Bush does make himself easy to hate at times, though. Clinton might not have been much better, but at least he had style.

Incidentally, Calvin Fitzgerald would do well to examine the somewhat uncertain links between Saddam (a secular dictator with Christians amongst his inner circle of advisors) and Al Queda, and the number of Iraqis wanting a return to the good old days when they had mains electricity and running water.
Calvin Fitzgerald chapter 1 . 7/13/2003
I have just a few points to make. You said that "All our M1A1 Abrams tanks, F-16 planes and nimitz class aircraft carriers couldn't stop a few nutcases with boxcutters." Well, since the war on terror began it seems that the Tanks, planes, and ships have been doing a pretty effective job with the nutcases.

The Department of Homeland Security was formed to bring the two competeing intelligence agencies together. It is far to early to call it a waste of money or pork barrel politics. Thats about it.

Your friendly nieghborhood conservative:

Calvin Fitzgerald
CommandoCody chapter 1 . 7/13/2003
I disagree with some of the specific points your brought up in regards to Welfare and Military spending, but I believe your conclusion to be right on target. The middle path is usually the best, and neither of the political parties is to be blindly trusted as they are run by politicians, who are the only American criminal class.