Reviews for Sunset
girl-behind-the-book chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
First off, thank you for the review on my essay "Getting to know God" It was most certianly appreciated and taken to heart.

Now to get to your review ;)

I throroughly enjoyed the outlook on a soldier's death. And I must say, I would have never thought to compare death and a sunset like you did. But what a comfort (in an odd way)! Am I wrong or right here? Is it not slightly comforting to think of your life ending when the day ends? It's like a complete cirlce in a sense.

Going further into the story, I loved how we got to here of the soldier as he was dying. You know how they say when you die your life flashes before your eyes? well whether you meant to or not, you illustrated that beautifully.

My favorite line was "He was filled with life; every particle of his being fairly vibrated with it" I'm not sure why, but that makes me smile :)

So winding down this rather long review (sorry I love reviewing),if you can't tell, I adored the story. It was interesting, captivating, and quite lovely. Keep writing :)

God bless!
kittyb90 chapter 1 . 11/18/2003
This is just beautiful, beautiful writing here. Thanks for sharing it.
Jamez chapter 1 . 8/20/2003
Timewalkerauthor -

Wonderful story. I wish I could write like that:( Keep it up, your stories are great.

~*JaMeZ*~
Pallas Wolf chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
Beautifully done. Eloquent and handled well; it was believable, and fit the tone of the era, as well as serving as an excellent Christian piece.

Bravo.